Make Your Own Frozen Pizza

In our house, we love the convenience of throwing a frozen pizza on the pizza cooker, but I didn't like the expense or the lack of nutrition in frozen pizzas, so I started making my own.

I found a great wholegrain pizza crust recipe, and I cook the crust up half way and let it cool before adding some homemade sauce and my toppings. I put the pizza on a cardboard cake round and put it in a 2 gallon Ziploc to freeze it.

I make up several of them at a time, and then they are ready to grab whenever we need a quick meal.

Helpful Hints:

• The Ziploc bags can be washed and reused.
  • Cake rounds were much cheaper at the restaurant supply store then buying them at a hobby store.

By Kneuv from Rochester, MN

Thanks for the homemade frozen pizza idea! Would you please explain what you mean by "cook the crust up half way". For example, do you mean that you essentially bake the crust but just not enough to brown it? Does the crust hold its shape when half baked? Is it still doughy in the middle? Etc. etc, thanks.

I love this idea. Would you share your wholegrain pizza crust recipe? I've been wanting one that is really good.

I would love to have the pizza crust recipe too!

Would you be willing to share your multigrain crust recipe? wspiero AT

For those of you who asked, here is the recipe that I use. I got it from I like a thin crispy crust, so I make 3 12" crusts from this recipe, and I bake it for about 8 minutes, then cool and put on my toppings and freeze.

1 (.25 ounce) package active dry yeast

1 cup warm water

2 cups whole wheat flour

1/4 cup wheat germ

1 teaspoon salt

1 tablespoon honey

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).

In a small bowl, dissolve yeast in warm water. Let stand until creamy, about 10 minutes.

In a large bowl combine flour, wheat germ and salt. Make a well in the middle and add honey and yeast mixture. Stir well to combine. Cover and set in a warm place to rise for a few minutes.

Roll dough on a floured pizza pan and poke a few holes in it with a fork.

Bake in preheated oven for 5 to 10 minutes, or until desired crispiness is achieved.

Thanks for the recipe.

Make Your Own Frozen Pizza
Make Your Own Frozen Pizza
Food and Recipes Recipes PizzaOctober 22, 2009
A yeast free cheese pizza.
No Yeast Pizza Dough Recipes
Man Kneading Pizza Dough
Freezing Pizza Dough
Rollong pin on round of pizza dough.
Biscuit Pizza Dough Recipes
A woman kneading pizza dough.
Homemade Pizza Dough Recipes