Wildlife: Monarch Butterfly

This is a butterfly that I found on our front porch. He wasn't alive when I found him, so I put him in a paper bowl that I had. I took him to my children's elementary school, so they could all see it close up and enjoy all of its beautiful details.

By Kathy K.

Hope those kids appreciated the learning experience. Great of you to offer it.

January 13, 2011 Flag

Another picture of a Monarch butterfly. There were two but I was unable to get a perfect picture of the two together. This picture is so beautiful with the Morning Glory trailing along. It's actually climbing up the Butterfly Bush. Notice the fine hairs on the Morning Glory vine.

By Donna

Wildlife: Monarch Butterfly

Answers:

Wildlife: Monarch Butterfly

A terrific shot! Well done! (10/08/2010)

By Anigma

Wildlife: Monarch Butterfly

I just viewed your breath-taking photo of the Monarch. It is beautiful! When I was a child, Monarchs were everywhere, but in the last several years, I rarely see them here in Mid-Michigan. I was so excited to see about a dozen of them this summer. Thank you for such a wonderful photo. (10/08/2010)

By Sandy_Kay316

Wildlife: Monarch Butterfly

That looks like a professional picture out of a nature magazine! Great shot! (10/10/2010)

By Beth

October 7, 2010 Flag

This photo came out perfect in every way. How lovely he/she is!

By Leigh

Wildlife: Monarch Butterfly

Answers:

Wildlife: Monarch Butterfly

I cannot believe it. The picture I took last week on my butterfly bush looks so similar. We are good photograghers. I had a hard time because the wind was blowing. I love taking pictures of nature. Have fun with your camera. (09/07/2010)

By LITTLE SUZY

RE: Wildlife: Monarch Butterfly

Wildlife: Monarch Butterfly

Could you pretty please share a link for the other beautiful photographs you've taken? (09/07/2010)

By Deeli

Wildlife: Monarch Butterfly

Looks just like a professional shot! Gorgeous, and not easy to capture. Way to go! (09/08/2010)

By PainterLee

Wildlife: Monarch Butterfly

Hubby found a monarch on our front porch yesterday. I only wish we'd been able to get a good pic of him/her before hubby sent him/her on his/her way, monarchs are so aptly named. Thanks for sharing yours. (09/09/2010)

By JustPlainJo

Wildlife: Monarch Butterfly

Hey, thanks a bunch for the compliments! I love taking photos, so I try to get out every day. Little Suzy. The photo YOU took looks as if it were taken in my own backyard. Humming birds apparently like the butterfly bushes too. Here is another photo. (09/09/2010)

By Lsdy Harper

RE: Wildlife: Monarch Butterfly

September 7, 2010 Flag

I started growing milk weed in my city garden a couple of years ago and was able to get a picture of this Monarch taking a drink.

By Ida

Wildlife: Monarch Butterfly

Answers:

Wildlife: Monarch Butterfly

This is breathtaking! You should frame it so you can look at it everyday! (08/11/2010)

By PainterLee

August 9, 2010 Flag

I love butterflies and didn't want to miss an opportunity to get a shot of this beauty before it moved on to greener pastures, so to speak.

July 12, 2010 Flag

With one flower bed dedicated to enticing butterflies and birds to stop in for a visit I was delighted to be able to get these photos of this Monarch.

May 12, 2010 Flag

I was surprised to see a Monarch butterfly resting in my front yard at night. It was there for at least 5 hours that I kept checking.

Monarch Butterfly on Flower
Monarch Butterfly Photos
Home and Garden Gardening Insects ButterfliesJanuary 13, 2011
Transplanting a Butterfly Bush
Transplanting a Butterfly Bush
Red Admiral Butterfly
Red Admiral Butterfly Photos
Rice paper butterfly on small pink flowers
Making a Butterfly Garden
Winterizing a Butterfly Bush
Winterizing a Butterfly Bush
🎄