Keep Small Jars Organized in a Plastic Basket

I live alone and have a pretty small refrigerator. I found that buying one of those little plastic baskets from the dollar store and putting all your jams, jellies, etc. in it on the bottom shelf of your refrigerator. It makes it a whole lot easier to find smaller stuff like that, just pull out the basket and it's all there. It's just something I came up with while cleaning out my refrigerator one day and found jars here, there, and everywhere.

By Barbara from Evington, VA

That's a great idea! I'm just getting used to this empty nest thing and have been downsizing from quart jars of everything and finding myself with many, many small jars and bottles. This should help. Thanks!

I like that idea too. I also keep my cupboards cleaner by placing everything - iron, coffee maker, mixer, etc. in plastic wash basins. It keeps everything together & it keeps the shelves clean.

I do the same thing for packages of cheese. Saves lots of room!

what a good idea that mulberry204 had about putting the small appliances in plastic wash basins. It sure keeps everything together and on hand..gonna' try it. Also what KLJohn said about putting packages of cheese in small baskets..I also put those little packs of catsup, mustard, mayo, etc you get from the fast food places in a zip lock bag. I find these little critters get lost.

I do this in my freezer, since I cook in bulk for the week. I divide the food according to the number of servings I need in labeled freezer ziplock bags (some, like spaghetti sauce, can be one serving each since the kids like pasta or pizza for a snack), freeze them flat and then store them on end in small, labeled baskets to organize them according to main ingredient - beef, chicken, vegetables, etc. Saves time and stress going through all the frozen food chucked everywhere! Gives me more space, too.

Another idea is to use those screw and nail drawers that you find in the tool section for spices. I love mine!

Clever idea. I also have lots of tiny jars with lids I use occasionally and they are always getting knocked over in the cabinets. I like the plastic baskets (from the $1 store) idea. Will relieve some of the small items in the side door of the refrigerator too. Great idea - thanks so much. Off to the store for my baskets now. :-)

In my fridge I also use one of those single turn tables for small items. There are just so many ways to save space. I live in a mobile and had to really learn how!

I use a plastic shoebox without the lid in my fridge to corral the juice pouches and small water bottles. Any ways to keep organized and make life easier is the way to go! Great post!

An open refrigerator.
Organizing Your Refrigerator
Food and Recipes StorageJanuary 5, 2009
Pickle Jar Candy Jars
Reusing Pickle Jars
Fishing gear.
Making a Fishing Gift Basket
Gift basket with green ribbon.
Making a Mother's Day Gift Basket
Uses for Plastic Jars
Uses for Plastic Jars
🎉
🎄