How to Find the Store When Returning Presents

I am sure other readers have incountered this problem. What do you do with all the Christmas presents that you do not want or need.. Also how do you find the store where they bought the item. My father gave me a full set of National Geographic for the computer. This is not something I will ever use. I know it was expensive, and I would like to return it, but do not know where to start. Any idea or information would be greatly appreciated.

- Karen in Florida

You might have to be a bit devious: ask your Dad where he bought your present. Say that you like it so much you are thinking of purchasing another one for a friend. :-)

However, you might run into a problem with returning or exchanging it if you don't also have a receipt. Most products are sold in multiple locations, so unless it's obviously a store brand (for example, Circo brand clothes are only sold by Target, Old Navy is obvously only sold at Old Navy), the store may not let you return it without some proof that it was actually bought at their store. Good luck!

I too, have received gifts that I know that I will never use. Sometimes, if you look @ the bottom or the side of the box (if it came in a box) you can see the label of the store. It may not be completely legible but enough to make out the stores name. Many times the price is also on that label & most people will try to remove @ least the price before wrapping the gift, therefore leaving the store name on. If this doesn't work then maybe you can re gift. Just make sure that the person you are giving your gift to is not friends or apt to socialize with the person that gave you the gift. I'm hoping next year to ask for either a gift certificate or to have a home made gift given to me from the individual using their talent. To tell you the truth I'm getting tired of racking my head against the wall trying to get the perfect gift. I have suggested that the adults who give us gifts save their hard earned money to use it for gifts for their children. But they insist on doing otherwise. I would just prefer to invite them to my home for a nice cooked dinner maybe a week before Christmas & they could bring either dessert or a nice bottle of wine. We could end up enjoying each others' company, taking a break from the rushing around & just wish (verbally) each other HAPPY HOLIDAYS instead of giving gifts

To Karen from Fl.

Why not "ask" your dad where he got it? Simply explain how much you love and appreciate the gift, but, and isn't there always a but....

Give him some idea you "do" like and will think of "Him" everytime you use it. Then he can either exchange it, or you could.

All done with Love!

This is the 21st century, we're all down sizing

By Trish from Az.

Why not try the National Geographic web site and see if you can contact them to find out who carries the set, or if they have anything you can exchange it for?

Holidays and Parties Gifts AdviceDecember 31, 2004
unpacking groceries
Returning Groceries
Antique wood three drawer table and upholstered side chair.
Cleaning Antique Wood Furniture
Boy Dressed as Christmas Elf
Making a Christmas Elf Costume
🎉
🎄