Use Empty Toilet Paper Rolls as Hair Rollers

You can actually use empty toilet paper rolls to roll your hair. If you have shoulder length or longer hair, empty toilet paper rolls work perfectly. I have waist length natural curly, and wavy hair. I use toilet paper rolls to roll my dry hair. I use bobbie pins, or clips to hold in place. I leave it up for about an hour. When I unroll it, I have fuller, smoother, flowing hair, with soft curls at the bottom.

Works great for me!

Source: I save empty toilet paper rolls for recycling. I decided to try them as hair curlers one day and it worked great. I use them all the time now.

By Brenda from Tupelo, MS

Back in the day when I was in high school all the girls used concentrated juice cans for hair rollers.

A good idea, but I have short hair and these tubes are too big for my hair.

I like to use velcro rollers. You just roll them into your hair and they stay put with no clips. They come in various sizes; I've found them in dollar-type stores for around 4 in a package for $1.

I remember my twin cousins using empty soda cans for their long hair.We also used to iron our hair right on the ironing board.Ah,the good old days!

For those of you old enough... Remember in the mid 1960's when the "fashion-forward" crowd (like Pricilla Presley) used Frozen Orange Juice cans to set & straiten their hair? This was back before blow-dryers, hot-curlers & flat-irons were invented! ...Back when you either used a REAL iron & ironed your long hair on an ironing board or set your hair with brush rollers & stick-pins that dug into your scalp then sat under a fluffed-up plastic bonnet that resembled a fluffy shower cap that was connected with a tube to a box-like dryer-contraption that resembled a backwards vacuums cleaner & blowed semi-warm to cold air. It took hours to dry your hair this way & the hair dryer was so loud you couldn't watch TV & had to be pluged in so you couldn't move around...

And whoa to those sad creatures (like me) that were born with naturally curly hair... Us, curly-hair types tried everything to straiten our hair from using scotch tape to tape our bangs down to sleeping with a nylon stocking over our head! (nothing worked!) ...And, remember when we had practically no styling products at all, back before mouses & silicone anti-frizz products & high quality conditioners were invented...

So gals, appreciate the great selection of hair products you have. These days you can forget the Prell shampoo & save the Aqua-Net hairspray to use for craft products!

There's a lot of nasty germs on those toilet paper rolls from people with dirty hands taking the paper off of them. Germs do move around.

lol I was going to say the same thing about frozen juice cans.(

Growing up I used white strips of rag cloth to get a curly hair do. Went to sleep with them in my hair.

I used juice cans way back when I was in high school also. I put my hair in a ponytail on top of my head and divided it into 3 sections. I rolled one back and the other two down on either side. I also ironed my hair... The only hair products back then were Dippity Dew and Alberto's VO5. ha ha

I love that somebody else remembers the juice can rollers. Thanks for the memories and the chuckle!

I doubt most of you know just how 'high tech' toilet tissue tubes and juice cans actually are. I remember my sisters and their friends cutting strips of brown paper bags and using them to 'roll' their hair.

Toilet paper tubes made into seedling containers.
Uses for Toilet Paper Tubes
Health & Beauty Beauty Hair Tips StylingJanuary 25, 2009
Paint Roller Putting Teal Paint on Wall
Cleaning Paint Rollers
Empty cardboard toilet paper rolls, ready for reusing.
Valentine Crafts Using Toilet Paper Rolls
Toilet Brush Head
Toilet Brush Head Stuck in Toilet
Saving Money on Toilet Paper
Saving Money on Toilet Paper
🎉
🎄