Looking for Birman Kitten

We are interested in purchasing a Birman kitten. Does anyone know of anybody who has any for sale. We are hoping to find one for a Christmas gift.

Ethel from York, PA

Instead of buying one from a breeder, see if you can find a rescue group that handles purebred cats, like Siamese cats, because they might have rescued one, or can tell you of other rescue groups that rescue related breeds. Some time ago, I adopted a purebred Tonkinese from our local animal shelter, so don't disregard that valuable resource, either. There are way too many cats and kittens in shelters and rescue organizations who need homes for the holidays, and adopting from one of those opens another slot for an animal on the streets.

Try petfinder on the Internet. It shows pets from various rescue groups. I searched under Birman and found some young ones in New Jersey and Virginia, if you feel like taking a little trip!

Please don't buy from a breeder. You'll miss the most wonderful cats out there if you do. You can find rescue groups that are specific to a certain breed, heck I even found one today that is for Fat Cats!!! Breeders, while they want to keep the "beauty" of a certain breed, make the "mixes" less desirable. All of my cats have been rescues, I even had a purebred Siamese that was a rescue (she died of FIP a couple months back).

Try your local "cat fancy" or look up the breed on the internet, even if you find someone that breeds a different type they can probably help you.

Here's the link for Rescues:

http://search.petfinder.com/search/ ... amp;pet.Sex=&location=York%2C+PA

To the person who found Bermin kittens in NJ and VA. Could you give me more information. I have check Pet Finder but did not locate any. Thank you.

Hi! I'm the one who found young Birmans in NJ and Virginia in Petfinder. In the Search Menu at Petfinder I entered Cat for Animal, Birman for Breed, and 17402 for Location and left everything else blank. When I hit search, the young ones in NJ and VA were among the first dozen that came up. Good luck!! Fluff

Thank you to all who have responded. This has given us some leads and hopefully success. Ethel

All of my beloved kitties have come from rescue, common Alley Kitties, they are the best :-)

Jennifer

Northern Virginia

i also encourage you to check your local shelter. there are so many adorable pets that are destined to be euthinized if not adopted. some are full of personality and looks and sweet

I would love to see a picture of these cats and to find out what makes up those breeds. thank you, sally

Hello,

I know you said kitten, but:

Poppy is a four-year-old Chocolate Lynx Point Bermin. He has a great temperament, sweet and fun. He sports huge blue eyes, a bushy tail and a full, lush coat. He is a delightful kitty who likes to sit on laps and loves attention. Poppy does not get along with other male cats in the home. He does fine with female cats, both adults and kittens. We would like to find him a loving home, as he and our older male are both stressed when together.

He has had all of his vaccinations, and is microchipped. He is in excellent health. He will be a wonderful cat for a home without another male cat. We are looking for the right home, and we are not interested in money. We want Poppy to have a wonderful home. We live in Washington DC. My e-mail: Linda.Hannick AT gmail.com.

Linda

Pets CatsNovember 16, 2007
One Month Old Kittens
Feeding a One Month Old Kitten
Flea Bath
Giving a Kitten a Flea Bath
Black and White Kitten
Adopting a Kitten
Teething Kitten
Teething Kitten Advice
🎉
🎄