Almonds and walnuts painted gold or silver with a small bow attached are simple and lovely hung from the tree. Add a touch of glitter for extra pizzazz!
Materials and Equipment:
- a large plastic bag or several sheets of newspaper
- a walnut or almond in its shell
- acrylic decorative paint in gold or silver
- a paintbrush
- a lid from a used plastic container (such as a yogurt container)
- a thin piece of ribbon, about 10 inches long, color of your choice
- craft glue
- glue stick (optional)
- metallic glitter (optional)
- Before starting, clear the table and cover it with newspaper or a large garbage bag to avoid getting paint on the table.
- Pour a small puddle of metallic paint onto the plastic container lid. Paint the walnut or almond shell completely. Your fingers may get paint on them, but it will wash off easily. Set the nut aside to dry.
- Optional: If you like the nut in the photo, add a light layer of glue (use a glue stick or glue spreader) and sprinkle metallic glitter over the nut for some extra holiday glitz!
- Cut off a piece of the thread, about 10 inches long. Place a dab of craft glue on the top of the nut and press the thread into it. Set aside to dry.
- Once the glue is dry, tie the loose ends of the thread into a knot. This will form a loop with which to hang the ornament from the tree.
- Tie your piece of ribbon into a bow. Place another dab of glue on the top of the nut and press the bow onto it. Hold until you feel the bow is sticking. Allow to dry completely.
- Hang the nut ornament on your Christmas tree. After Christmas, you can store the ornaments for the next holiday season, as they will last for several years.
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!
In This Article
You are viewing the desktop version of this page: View Mobile Site
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by ThriftyFun
generated on October 21, 2016 at 2:39:50 PM on 10.0.2.91 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer
. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us