Making Heat Tolerant Frosting

How can I make frosting that won't melt in the heat?

By Sandy from Alamo, TX

I don't know about "heat resistant frosting" but I see you also live in the South. I'm a baker and I've not had too many problems with the icing melting. Only one occaision that I can remember that it was a real problem. The temps usually hover right around 100 degrees here during the late spring and early summer. I had to deliver my daughter's baby shower cake about 5 miles in the dead of summer. It started melting on the way.

About the best you can do is refridgerate the cake until time to serve it, or keep it in a cooler/ice chest if refridgeration isn't possible. Also, it's best to avoid buttercream icing on really hot days if you are planning an outdoor event. I hope this helps!

Making Frosting
Making Frosting
Food and Recipes Food Tips Baking CakesMay 4, 2010
A piece of carrot cake on plate with cream cheese frosting
Cream Cheese Frosting Recipes
Watering Flowers
Helping Your Garden Beat The Heat
Drought Tolerant Vegetables
Drought Tolerant Vegetables
Vanilla frosting on a lemon layer cake.
Vanilla Frosting Recipes