Memory Mirror For Found Items

I'm taking old damaged items and placing them on old damaged-front, framed, beveled mirrors and hot glueing them around on the frame: old toys, gum wrappers, theater tickets, concert passes, powder compacts, decorated lipstick cases, sunglasses, hair barrettes and combs, folding fans, colored marbles, unusual antique jewelry and beach-combed tiny pearl shells. This makes a "Memory Mirror" for any girl or woman to admire. (If I can find several of my saved boxes of things, I will try to make one for my children and begin saving things for my grandson's when he is older as well. I don't want to rush the project so that I can watch for things that I loved the most, then that I know my children loved as well, when they were about ages 5-10. These are the most sentimental days for them.)

I still have things that aren't particularly attractive, but are very interesting to men and children which I'm going to mount on an old wider wooden framed piece. I will have a "Sentimental Mirror", (which are bigger items to view and will go well in a guest room with antiques found curbside), filled in with broken old printed tiles/ceramic pieces, old shaving brushes, pocket knives, pipes, cuff links, watch parts/watchbands, political photo campaign buttons, tie-tacks, shoe horns, eye glasses, and spice and medicine tins, tiny bottles, a piece of barbed wire, a tiny snake skin, horse shoe, rabbits foot keychain, beltbuckles, fountain pen tips, and old leather gloves; Signing and dating them for posterity to enjoy.

By Lynda from TX

What a fabulous idea- i am definitely going to try this myself.

I would LOVE to see photographs of your mirrors- can you send them into Thriftyfun for us all to see?

Thank you for sharing.

Monique x

Somerset UK

Love this idea. Please send a photo even if it's not finished.

Uses for Old Mirrors
Uses for Old Mirrors
Better Living Green Living ReusingJuly 2, 2007
Cleaning Sticky Residue from a Mirror
shell mirrors
Making a Seashell Mirror
Making a Googly Eye Mirror
Making a Googly Eye Mirror
Simple square block quilt made from vintage fabric.
Making a Memory Quilt