Feeding Baby Pets

If you are tackling the job of mama for baby puppies or cats, don't let them aspirate (breath in) their milk, as it can cause respiratory problems and death. Feed only small amounts, and more often without allowing pup to overeat then vomit, and can inhale it into their lungs.

Don't use cow milk, but goat milk for babies is as good as the stuff from vet, easy to digest. Use l/2 goat milk (canned) for babies and 1/2 water. Remember to burp as with a baby on a bottle. Good growing.

Source: My experience with a tiny Boston bull terrier pup started at 2 days.

By fuzzytufts from south GA

Please don't use goat's milk! Puppy and kitten formula is available at most major pet stores, and even a lot of Wal Mart's have it. And it's not overly expensive either.

to cricketnc (455) I had puppy milk from the vet but he couldn't tolerate anything except the goat milk. When I finally gave him up I had over 200 dollars in him so I didn't spare the money we did without to feed the baby. Thank you anyway

Please re read my post about formula milk. I have saved and raised many animals from squirrels to colts without mamas and just as humans you will find that all cannot tolerate vet formulas as humans cannot all take the same formula and that I am well aware of because my daughter was raised on banana based everything. Experience is a better teacher in a lot of things than the internet too. I worked with a large vets office for over l0 years and in the field. I do thank you for your opinion, but you are dead wrong.

Feeding a Puppy
Feeding a Puppy
Pets HealthMarch 26, 2010
Baby Bottle Feeding
Bottle Feeding Your Baby
young baby with puppy
Pets and The New Baby
Decorations and food on a table at a baby shower.
Baby Shower Ideas
People attending a baby shower.
Saving Money on a Baby Shower