Growing Hair Back Quickly After Chemo

I have recently had to have chemo, which caused me to lose all of my hair. Does anyone know of any tricks on how to get your hair to grow back faster?

Connie from Smithville, TN

This is a wonderful, inexpensive way to improve the circulation on your scalp. After washing your head with a warm washcloth, take olive oil and put just the tinyest bit in the palm of your hand. While your skin is still moist, rub into your scalp. It doesn't smell when you use just a little and it softens dry skin anywhere. Plus the stimulation to your scalp will help nourish those hair folicles.

Well, on average hair grows about 1/2 inch per month; give it a healthy environment by practicing proper nutrition and hydration. Although this will not speed things up the end result will be better. A daily scalp massage as well as a good shampoo and conditioner will marginally speed things up to at least average, if the hair is currently coming back less than 1/2 inch per month. Good luck!

Wish I could tell you how to make it grow faster, but everything I ever read about it says about half an inch per month is the average rate of regrowth. I went through chemo last year for breast cancer, with the last dose in September, and my hair is 3 inches long, just as expected after 6 months. Everyone's body is different of course, just keep up with good nutrition and stay positive as possible (and yes, I know that part is really hard sometimes!). Also, remember to do your research and maybe talk to your doctor before taking nutritional supplements that are not marked with the USP purity designation (verified to make sure that the product and amounts shown on the label are REALLY what's in it) because after some forms of cancer, we've got to be just a bit more careful than the average person might realize. Hang in there, big hugs!

First, let me say that I hope you are doing well. Believe it or not, prenatal vitamins work wonders for hair growth. If you are permitted to take them, they have a generic version at Wal-Mart for about $7.00. I used them during my pregnancy. Hope you get the results you are looking for! Take care.

I had chemo therapy for Osteosarcoma & finished my chemo in February. My back of my hair is still longer, about 2.5-3 inches but the top is a little short, but for my make-a-wish I went to Tahiti & snorkeling everyday really made my hair grow. I think it was because of all the sun's vitamin D and the nutrients & minerals in the ocean water, I heard that they worked. My hair grew about half an inch within a week, not over exaggerating either. Another reason for a vacation to French Polynesia :) But remember everyone's different & it just takes time.

I am currently starting on my 7 month of chemo. I never lost my hair but it got really thin. I was reading about Head & Shoulders shampoo (the dandruff shampoo) the article said that even if you don't have dandruff that it's good for your scalp because it has zinc it in. I forgot about the article until a friend left some at my house then I started using it. After 1 month my hair is thicker and a little bit longer. This is the only thing that I can contribute to hair growing back while still under chemo. I hope it continues to grow because I don't know when I will be off chemo. I hope some of you find this helpful.

I am entering my last cycle of chemo. My hair fell out right after my 1st treatment. I have been massaging my scalp 2x a day and have already noticed some hair growth. Stay positive and all will be ok. Now if I could lose all the weight I gained.

My mother-in-law had chemo & lost her hair as well. She used the hair, skin & nails soft gels from Nature's Bounty. You can get them pretty much anywhere. Her hair grew back really fast.

Young bald girl smiling
Growing Hair After Chemotherapy
Health & Beauty Beauty Hair TipsMarch 28, 2008
A woman with long hair.
Growing Hair Faster
Up close photo of red, wavy hair.
Homemade Hair Dye Recipes
Sink with hair dye stains
Removing Hair Dye from a Bathroom Sink
Red Hair Dye
Removing Hair Dye Stains from a Bathtub
🎉
🎄