Browsing: Dijonaise Recipes

Hellman's Dijonaise Recipe

I am looking for a copycat recipe for Hellman's Dijonaise. I can't find it in the stores and I have some new recipes to try that call for it. Can anyone help? Thanks so much!

By Dottie from Buffalo, NY

I can't find a recipe but I would try combining regular mayo with dijon mustard, which would probably be close to what you're looking for. I would just play around with amounts until I got it how I wanted it, but I would most likely use more mayo than mustard.

Ditto to what wendiesioux suggests :-)

Thanks! I thought about playing with mayo/Dijon mustard but was not too sure how strong to make it. I will try my hand at it. Thanks!

I was amazed that they discontinued the Dijonaise! Did you have any luck with playing around with the mayo/mustard mix? I'd assume there would be some type of spice in it as well - maybe dill? kathymm

I experimented with this yesterday while making a sandwich. Instead of simply slapping the Dijon on one slice of bread and mayo on the other I mixed them in a small bowl first. What tasted best to me was a ratio of 3 (mayo) to 1 (Dijon)

Perldoon, just use Dijon mustard (not plain) because it's already spiced :-)

I haven't had time to experiment yet, appreciate the 3:1 ratio suggestion. Sounds good to me. Hellman's has not discontinued dijonnaise. The stores within a 100 miles of my home have discontinued carrying it. Another call to Hellman's has produced another possibility. My brother summers in Mn and a store near him is supposed to have it. If so, he'll mail me a jar. Never get between a lady and her mustard!