Keeping Ear Wax Soft

Having poor hearing, I have my ears checked often. I'm always fighting problems with ear wax. My new doctor finally told me if you are going to use Q-tips, do it often and dip them in peroxide before using. Leaving that trace of peroxide in the ear will help keep the ear wax soft. It sure has saved me many doctor visits since she shared this tip with me, hope it helps someone else.

By latrtatr from Loup City, NE

Top Comment

Peroxide is not always the best, Dr. oz had on his show that it has no antiseptic properties. One suggestion is Wally's Ear Oil, found in many pharmacies, used for humans and canines. Also, lavender oil is also used for the ears, a couple of drops. This was on his show 1-12-2010.

Also, on the same subject, for dogs use Wally's or vinegar drops, which are almost 99.7% disinfecting pure. The thing is, put the drops in and slowly let them drain out.

I used to have ear wax problem, also my husband. It turned out that candida was the culprit. Clear up the candida, & no more ear wax issues.

Remedies for Ear Wax Buildup, Up close photo of an ear.
Remedies for Ear Wax Buildup
Health & Beauty Home RemediesJanuary 12, 2010
Star shaped glass candle holder.
Cleaning Candle Wax from Glass
Adult using a dropper to insert liquid into ear
Using Hydrogen Peroxide For Ear Wax
A woman with swimmers ear.
Treating and Preventing Swimmers Ear
buzzing in your ear
Buzzing in Your Ears