Where do you put frozen bread at to rise?

Where do you put frozen bread at to rise? Last time, I cracked the oven door and sat the rising bread on the stove top with a big towel over it and it did its rising very well. The bad thing is when I moved it from the stove top to inside the oven, all of the bread fell, and cooked hard as a rock. So I was wondering where ya'll put your bread at to rise.

Thanks!
Suzi from Central TX

I turn on the light in my oven and put the covered bread inside, door closed, to rise for @ 1 hour.

When it has risen to just above the pan take it out of the oven, then turn the oven on to 350 and bake for 40 min. On really hot days, it can sit on your countertop to rise.

It sounds like you let the bread rise to much, thats why it fell when you picked it up.

I raise mine on top of my sattelite receiver. tv itself works too.

I fill up my washing machine with hot water, put a bath towel on top of the closed cover and set my bread or buns on top of this. Then of course wash clothes with the saved water.

Usually when I am baking bread, I'm also doing laundry or cleaning house. I put mine on top of the dryer. Work great.

For quick rising, I heat the oven to 200 and boil a teakettle full of water. Once the water boils, I pour it into a cookie sheet placed on the second rack in the oven. Place your frozen bread in the pan you intend to cook it in and then turn the oven off. Place the frozen bread in the oven and check your bread after about three hours. When it's risen, don't remove it from the oven, just turn the oven on to 325 and cook it for about 30 minutes. The top is crispy, but the inside is great!

I turn on the oven to warm (180 or so - electric) then shut it off while I prep it: oil pan, put dough in (barely thawed), oil plastic wrap on top THEN damp towel. I put it in the warm (off) oven, to save counter space. It holds the heat in for a long time, and the towel keeps it from drying out.

I have a gas range with a pilot light in the oven.

I put the bread in the oven and close the door ( no need to preheat) it will rise very well with the heat provided by the pilot light. I raise my homemade bread's first rise in the oven too. Before I had a gas range, the top of the refrigerator was used for rising bread.

hth

brenda-ohio

I put mine on the top of the fridge and cover with a tea towel. It's so nice and warm up there and it always works

I put mine in my car and park in the sun! It always works.

Rising Dough
Getting Dough to Rise
Food and Recipes Food Tips BreadJuly 24, 2006
Gluten free bread in a bread machine.
Gluten Free Bread Machine Recipes
Zucchini Bread
Freezing Zucchini Bread
Freezing Bread Dough
Freezing Bread Dough
Moldy bread.
Preventing Mold on Bread
🎉
🎄