Best Allergy Medication

What is the best allergy medicine?

By Jordand P. from Raleigh, NC

I purchased a box of 48 coated minitabs. The box reads: Family Dollar Allergy Relief. So much cheaper than at CVS Pharmacy. They work great!

Hello, I suffer from year round allergies and have been taking this medication for years. I'm a small lady 5'3 and 106 lbs. so I have to be very careful what I take as a lot of OTC meds knock me out. I take "ALAVERT D-12" It's for Allergies, Colds and Sinus issues. It's 1 pill every 12 hours and works like a charm! Good Luck to you!

For runny nose and itchy eyes, I like Benydryl. Another one I like is Drixoral, works great too.

I tried all the allergy medicines on the market both by prescription and over the counter. The one I found best to work is AllergyMD. It is over the counter and herbal. This the last attempt at coping with my allergies. Up until then I was so congested I could not hear well, nose ran continually, eyes were itchy and watery, had headache, pain in sinus area and ached all over. In two days from the start of this one I was feeling better and soon the symptoms were all much better. I did check with my doctor because I have a lot of medications I take for various conditions and ingredients seemed safe to take daily. I take it every day, one caplet. If all else failed you too try it. I get mine at Walmart.

This isn't a medicine but if you use a Neti Pot with saline solution twice a day it will greatly help keep the allergies at bay because it cleanses pollens out from deep inside the sinus' cavities. You can get a Neti Pot and solution over the counter at just about every pharmacy and they are not at all expensive.

Check your stomach & digestion. I had really bad sinuses for over 40 yrs & tried everything, then started looking into my digestion cause my stomach was killing me for over 6 yrs. It helped my stomach & no more sinus issues. I used to get sinus infections on the rate of 2 to 5 a year. It took a couple of months but eventually they started getting cleaned out. It was painful, I think I had a low grade infection for decades. Anyway, here's a little food for thought. Histamine is one of the things your stomach produces to help digest food, when you are low or missing any of the other things, your body will produce too much histamine & whamo, u have what appears to be allergies. It sure feels like it & all those prescriptions and over the counter meds do seem to help some, but the allergy symptoms always come back, which means you are not "CURING" it, but just masking the symptoms of the real issues. Typical for Doctors to do the same, it's insane. Read the book called "WHY STOMACH ACID IS GOOD FOR YOU" by: Dr. Jonathan V. Wright M.D, it's the 1st step to understanding how the body really works.

I think zyrtec works really well its better than claritin and benedryl.

The best med I have found is the Equate (WalMart) brand called Clor-Tabs. They work, they're cheap (100 for about $4), and they are safe for people with high blood pressure. Friends whom I've told keep them in their purse and in their desk drawers.

A woman suffering from allergies.
Dealing With Allergies
Health & Beauty AdviceJune 8, 2009
Homemade gluten free pasta.
Gluten Free Pasta Recipes
A yeast free cheese pizza.
No Yeast Pizza Dough Recipes
Woman sneezing with flowers in the foreground.
Gardening With Allergies
Dog Eating Food From Bowl
Determining Pet's Food Allergy by Elimination Diet
🎉
🎄