Eliminating Cat Pee Odor from a Potted Plant

My cat has peed in one of my plants and I want to know how I can get the cat smell out of my plant without replanting it?

By Virginia from Menomonie, WI

Answers

To celebrate the new year we are giving away $200 in Amazon gift cards for people who answer questions on ThriftyFun in January! Click here to find out more...

Virginia, I had this same problem years ago and the only way I was finally able to get rid of the smell was to replace all the soil. To do this I lifted the plant out and shuck off most of the soil from the roots. Repotted the plant with new potting soil. I then placed some lava rocks on top of the soil and it never did happen again. Cats like soft loose soil for a kitty box. Any type of rocks would probably work.

Home and Garden Gardening House PlantsAugust 19, 2010
Pee Pee Cone
Making Pee Pee Cones
Man in Green Shirt Smelling His Underarm
Preventing Underarm Odor
cat on carpet
Removing Cat Pee and Odor from Carpet
Odor Eliminator
Odor Eliminator Product Reviews
🍀
💘
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on January 15, 2017 at 1:30:28 PM on 10.0.0.27 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.