Use Plastic Baton as Water Bulb

My little friend, took a half a plastic baton with the plastic top on and filled it with water and stuck it in my African violet that was doing rather poorly. The water line went down a little and then emptied. I refilled it and stuck it back in, and repeated after a couple of days.

To my great surprise, the plant is actually doing VERY well. This plant has not bloomed in two years, and now it is blooming. It is hard to believe.

By Robyn Fed from Hampton, TN

It has two blooms on it now and it is so pretty! I also pruned the larger leaves that were crowding the plant, and also this globe thing, doesnt drip water on the leaves and upset the plant.

African Violets are so picky!

Here it is now:

It is so happy with this little baton with water in it. I am not sure why, I have been watering it, but look at the difference.

Difficult plant to keep. You've done well.

Marg from England.

Sounds like a great idea that I'd like to use for other types of plants. May seem silly, but I'm not sure what you mean by plastic baton. Something like a wide drinking straw that's clear? Thanks for the info.

Nica

It was actually a toy that was a baton that you throw in the air and catch. It had plastic ends on it. The ends came off and it was broke in half and a little c hild put it in the plant and it helped. The ferrets have since killed the plant and strung it all over the top of the dryer...I repanted a leaf of it and I am starting avocado trees now, and they are on top of the freezer in the laundry room where the ferrets cant get. LOL.

African Violets
Growing African Violets
Photos GardenAugust 30, 2010
Stuck Light Bulb
Removing a Stuck Light Bulb
Pot of purple African Violets against a white background
Buying African Violets
Close up of three African Violet blooms against green foilage
Using Rusty Nails for African Violets
Water Softener
Buying a Water Softener
🎄