Smoothie Maker Reviews (frozen drink maker)

Do you have any comments pro or con? I was thinking about buying a machine to make something with a low carb count similar to a snow cone or a frozen coffee drink. Or am I wasting my time?

Thanks,
Cookwie from Richardson, TX

IF YOU WANT SMOOTHIES OR FROZEN COFFEE DRINKS A BLENDER WILL WORK JUST AS WELL AS A SMOOTHIE MACHINE AND A BLENDER CAN BE USED FOR A VARIETY OF THINGS. I PERSONALLY CAN'T SEE INVESTING IN A MACHINE THAT MAKES ONLY SMOOTHIES AND I CAN'T USE IT FOR ANY OTHER PURPOSE,BUT THAT'S JUST MY OPINION

I agree with IMAQT - the blender is great for making smoothies - just add ice with your other ingredients. I use frozen fruit - strawberries, blueberries, etc. and it works very well. I can't see any point in getting a frozen drink maker.

Everyone here is right-use a blender. I use mine every day for a protein shake in the AM

I completely agree a quality blender is a better investment. I don't have enough room in my kitchen to have things that only perform one job each. Multi-tasking tools are the only way to go!

Well, here's another point of view. My almost 30 yr old blender finally bit the dust so instead of replacing with another blender. I bought a smoothie machine. I figure I can use that for anything I would have done in the blender....most anything. I never used my blender much anyway and I also have one of those hand blenders if I need to use for a gravy or sauce or something. My machine was only $29 at Wal-Mart. It has a powerful motor, even so, I put crushed ice in it since I have the crushed setting on my in the door ice /water dispenser on the frig. I like the large capacity that the smoothie maker has. I used it a lot when I first got it and now it's stayed in the cupboard a while. I need to get it out and use again. The kids really enjoyed the yummy drinks I made just as much as I did!

I'm sure you can use a regular blender for smoothies and frozen drinks but the smoothie type blenders are not expensive and if you have the room to store it, why not?

I have a smoothie maker and I love it. It crushes ice a lot better than my blender, and I have a powerful blender! I hardly use my regular blender at all anymore. I would recommend it if you have room to store it.

I recently ordered an ice crusher online. I purchased this because I could not justify spending 100 dollars or more for something to crush ice. I already own a very good food processor that I use regularly. So, a blender just for ice did not make sense.

Anyway, I am thinking about a smoothie machine, however, I have read so many reviews and specs that I just do not know. Can someone give me some input about their purchases of smoothie machines? It probably seems foolish to buy a smoothie machine after I have already purchased an ice crusher! Oh well, we shall see.

Thanks in advance guys,

Carla

Consumer AdviceJune 22, 2006
Chocolate Banana Smoothie
Chocolate Banana Smoothie Recipes
smoothie in glass
Pineapple Orange Banana Smoothie Recipes
Coffe Maker
Cleaning a Drip Coffee Maker
Homemade yogurt in jars.
Using an EasiYo Yogurt Maker
🎄