Removing Black Urine Stain On Hardwood

I just found a nasty black stain on the hardwood floor under my daughter's bed. She hid a pair of underwear she had an accident in and apparently the urine has turned the floor jet black .. is there anything I can use to remove the stain without sanding down the wood? I don't think the floor has much of a finish left on it but it's a rental and I don't want to get stuck footing the bill to have the floor redone! Thanks for any suggestions!

Rebekah from N. Michigan

Try getting some rags and soaking them in hydrogen peroxide and laying them on the stain. Let them dry and repeat as needed. When you take the rags up some of the stain should be on the rags. We have used this to remove dog urine stains on old hardwood flooring and it took some effort but worked.

Hydrogen peroxide. Cover the entire area with paper towels, soak generously with hydrogen peroxide, and cover with plastic (I used garbage bags). soak for an hour or 2, and repeat xx times as necessary. Let dry full overnight before reapplying. This will also remove the varnish or stain from the wood, as well as paint from trim, so be prepared to refinish, but it works quickly and efficiently without chemicals and tons of sanding.

Home and Garden Cleaning FloorsSeptember 6, 2007
Red Chair on Hardwood Floor
Keeping Furniture from Sliding on Hardwood Floors
Engineered Hardwood Floor
Repairing Water Damage on an Engineered Hardwood Floor
Someone mopping hardwood floors
Cleaning Hardwood Floors
Removing Red Wine Stains from Hardwood Floors, Broken glass of red wine on wood floor.
Removing Red Wine Stains from Hardwood Floors
🎉
🎄