Walk to the Store

This tip is especially for people who live in small towns or near shopping facilities. With the nice weather coming soon, why not try walking to the store, especially for small trips. I know people who have invested in carts or even little red wagons to use to carry their things home from the store when they need to purchase more than they can carry in their arms. With gas at over $2/gal., it only makes sense to walk as many places as possible. Also, walking is great exercise and very good for you!

By Robin

I live in an area where the gas prices average several cents above the national average. For the three and a half years, in order to maintain my 50 lb weight loss, I started walking every day, no matter how cold or hot it is. You learn to adjust to the temps. Anyway, I realized many of the place I used to drive to were withing walking distance, three libraries, food stores, even the mall, the bank, etc. Some of my doctors are also withing walking distance. I take a canvas tote bag with me and have learned how much I can carry at one time, I sling it over my shoulder. If I see more items in the store and I don't need it that same day, it is an incentive to go back on another walk. I take different routes each day for variety. It saves money, relieves tension and as an added bonus, you can find money (both bills and change).

LI Roe

Consumer Advice Shopping Grocery ShoppingApril 4, 2005
Girl in a witch costume.
Halloween Costume Safety Tips
Elderly Couple In Airport
Airport Tips When It Is Difficult To Walk
Toddler with ball.
Inexpensive Toddler Toys
Cat attached to a leash.
Training Your Cat to Walk on a Leash
🐰
🍀
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on February 25, 2017 at 4:15:28 PM on 10.0.2.145 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.