Making Fabric Bows for a Dress

How do I make a bows for a dress out of a yard of fabric? I can't find a pattern.

By pilotowife from Spokane, WA

Use a shoe string for a pattern. Just make them as wide as you want them then tie them as you do the shoe string on the shoe, good luck.

What kind of bows do you want to make? When I was in middle school back in the early fifties, I made a lot of my clothes, and just having an old treadle sewing machine and nobody close by that knew anything about sewing, when I needed a belt for a dress, I made a really long reversible strip of fabric about 6+ inches wide and wrapped it around my waist, tying it in a really large bow in the back.

One that I can remember (it must have been my favorite at the time) was a black and white cotton print (really cheap) with a really full gathered skirt and the sash was black with a red inside. Nobody else in school had outfits like mine and I didn't get teased about them either, so they must have been acceptable. My mother didn't know how to sew other than mending.

Wire-Edged Ribbon Bow
Making Decorative Bows
Crafts ClothingJune 27, 2009
Wire-Edged Ribbon Bow
Making a Wire-Edged Ribbon Bow
Making Gift Bows
Making Bows for Gifts
Tablecloth Dress
Making a Tablecloth Dress
Christmas bows made from magazines.
Making Bows From Magazines
🐰
🍀
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on February 26, 2017 at 8:23:02 PM on 10.0.2.205 in 3 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.