Wrap Produce in Plastic Bags

Sometimes, I forget to grab my "green" shopping bags before heading into the grocery store. I re-use the plastic bags by wrapping my produce in them. I have found that my lettuce, grapes, cabbage, peppers, carrots stay fresher much longer. This is also much more affordable than buying the "green" bags! I think it has to do with the lighting in the frig but I am no expert! The results are clear: my lettuce is crisp and green much longer!

By Kristy from Columbia, SC

Not the grocery bags I hope. They are cancer causing..they give off pcbs..don't continue to do this.

Poster on "cancer-causing and pcb's": well, not exactly. Google PCB's and you'll note that production of anything manufactured in the United States from 1979 containing PCB's is--has been-- government-banned for the past thirty years.

Not to say that it's greener and keeps the landfills less cluttered by using fabric recyclable bags.

As for those pricey green bags--I used them once; they kept the produce fresher longer, but I noticed a powdery feel to the interior of them that I had no luck researching and that turned me off just a little!

My grandmother used to wrap refrigerated produce in cheesecloth and swore by that--don't know if anyone else has tried it or has any feedback on it?

A recycled market bag made from plastic grocery bags.
Uses for Plastic Grocery Bags
Food and Recipes StorageMay 28, 2009
Saving Money On Ziptop Bags, Coins in Zip-Lock Bag
Saving Money On Ziptop Bags
Two soldiers photographed fighting in WW II.
Did They Have Plastic Bags in WW II?
roll of foil
Using Aluminum Foil and Plastic Wrap Correctly
Roll of Plastic Wrap
Use Winterizing Plastic As Shrink Wrap
🎉
🎄