Gum in the Washer

I forgot to check hubby's pockets and washed a stick of Juicy Fruit gum and it also went through part of the dryer cycle before dh told me. There was a small sticky mess in the dryer but I did not see anything in the washer so I washed the clothes over.

I seemed to be able to get the gum out of the dryer OK but when I took the load out of the washer again and put it in the dryer I was dismayed to find a couple of pieces of gum in the washer that must have been stuck on the clothes. Can pieces of gum go through the holes in the washer drum and stop up the drain?

Stephanie from MA

Answers

On clothes, the best thing to do is freeze them and then pick it off. I doubt that it would stop the drain since it would be warm and is very small...Think of all you put down toilets:)

Home and Garden Cleaning AppliancesDecember 25, 2007
Uses for Sweet Gum Balls
Uses for Sweet Gum Balls
A repairman looking at a washing machine.
Repairing a Washer That Won't Drain or Spin
Sweet Gum Balls
Buying Sweet Gum Balls
Windshield wiper tip on windshield
Homemade Windshield Washer Fluid
🎄
🍂
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on November 22, 2016 at 7:43:46 PM on 10.0.1.8 in 914 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.