Pine Sap for Splinters

With the weather warming, we can all get out and take a walk enjoying the beauty of nature. While you're walking, look for pine sap. We get the pine sap and put it in a empty medicine container. Get enough to fill the container.

If you ever get a sliver of glass or a thorn in your foot or hand, put sap on the area where the piece of glass or splinter is. Sometime the area is sore and you can't see the item. Cover with a band aid. Keep covered each day with fresh pine pitch until it draws the little piece out. You will know when its out as it will no longer hurt.

This really works. I broke a glass while doing dishes and I had to do this to get a piece of glass out that was so tiny I couldn't see, but it hurt. I also used it when my children were young to remove sand spurs when we lived in Florida. It really works, and all it costs is your time while you walk in nature.

By Dorothy from New Creek, WV

This does work and it's painless! My family has used it all my life for a multitude of "splinters". It's also great for kids who are scared of needles.

What a good idea! I have a pine tree in my yard so will collect and give it a go. I am always getting splinters!