Ordering Books from the Library

I love reading books and spent a fortune in used book stores. Then I developed a back problem and could not leave the house. Not only did I start ordering all my books and DVDs from the library, but my library had a program where they mailed all the books directly to my home, free of charge. Now I get 50 books maximum/month delivered to my door for free!

By cipi2000 from Miami, FL

Where I live the library has a home bound service, and have volunteers that deliver one or two tote bags full of books every month. People can either give suggestions as to what books they want or let the librarians pick them out. I usually give them a list of about two dozen books to choose from and most of the time I get them and sometimes get put on a wait list.

This is a good site for checking out authors and books before you order them

If you have a tablet or smartphone you can use Overdrive Media Console to check out ebooks and audiobooks from your library as well! I love it on my Kindle Fire. Their customer support is great too. It is free as well. Here's the link: http://omc.overdrive.com/

March 10, 2011 Flag

Most people know that you can go to your local library to order a book from another Library. What most people do NOT know is that the process is a lot quicker, and more fool-proof, if you give the Librarian the ISBN for the book. You can look that up on http://www.amazon.com. It's listed under "Product Details". Make sure you get the ISBN for all the editions and different versions. Hardbacks and paperbacks, for example, will have different ISBNs.

By Kathleen K.

Better Living Frugal Living TipsMarch 10, 2011
Saving Money on Audio Books
Saving Money on Audio Books
A row of old books.
Getting Rid of Your Old Books
Saving Money On Books, Stacks of old books at a flea market or used book sale.
Saving Money On Books
Rows of books in a library
Using Your Public Library