ColoringHair Tips

Redyeing Hair Red

I just dyed my hair today with a red and highlights with it (from a box by Loreal). It didn't come out as red as I would have liked. Since I have dark brown hair in the first place, do I need to bleach it then dye it red? Since I already dyed my hair once today (11/27/10) do I have to wait a long period of time to go red? Please help me out.

By Christy from VA

Not a hairdresser, but I definitely would not bleach it and then re-dye it. Your best bet is probably to dye it again.

Try using red henna to dye your hair. It doesn't have a lot of caustic chemicals and you can use it as often as you like. Only downside is that it can be messy, especially when rinsing it out and you may need to leave it on a few hours, depending on the brand you use. Check on Amazon.com for henna hair color.

Just a "heads" up no pun intended. My hair fell out from putting chemicals on it. I know not everyone has that problem, but as you get older you loose some hair anyway. Just be careful. GG Vi