Crocheting a Rug from Scrap Fabrics

I have a rather large fabric collection. We decided to paint our new bathroom a pumpkin color. It looks very nice, but hard to match for accessories. So, I decided to crochet a rug using my left over fabric.

I researched it on the web and found different ideas and patterns. I chose to cut my materials into 1 inch strips and use a Q crochet hook. I am half way through and it looks great. It's a pain to sew the strips together, but so much better then throwing the fabric out!

By dduff from Adirondacks, NY

Cut a small slit near the ends in both pieces of material that you intend to sew together. Then pull the material from one strip thru the slit in the other about 1/2 inch. Now take the other and pull it thru the slit in the first one. Pull tight and you wont have to sew them.

Great idea. Or if you crochet, just start with an oval, circular or square base and make it as you go. When you are done, you are done! Let us know how it turned out, okay?

This link will show you tons of ideas, and if you click on the images, you can more easily see what idea you want to emulate. Good luck!

https://www.google.com/search?q=cro ... 0CAcQ_AUoAQ&biw=1024&bih=677

Crochet With Scrap Fabric
Crochet With Scrap Fabric
Crafts CrochetApril 13, 2009
Making a Crochet Scrap Afghan
Making a Crochet Scrap Afghan
Bin of scrap wood.
Craft Ideas Using Scrap Wood
Scrap Quilt
Scrap Quilt Ideas
Rustic birdhouse.
Scrap Wood Birdhouses
🎉
🎄