Crocheting a Rug from Scrap Fabrics

I have a rather large fabric collection. We decided to paint our new bathroom a pumpkin color. It looks very nice, but hard to match for accessories. So, I decided to crochet a rug using my left over fabric.

I researched it on the web and found different ideas and patterns. I chose to cut my materials into 1 inch strips and use a Q crochet hook. I am half way through and it looks great. It's a pain to sew the strips together, but so much better then throwing the fabric out!

By dduff from Adirondacks, NY

Cut a small slit near the ends in both pieces of material that you intend to sew together. Then pull the material from one strip thru the slit in the other about 1/2 inch. Now take the other and pull it thru the slit in the first one. Pull tight and you wont have to sew them.

Great idea. Or if you crochet, just start with an oval, circular or square base and make it as you go. When you are done, you are done! Let us know how it turned out, okay?

This link will show you tons of ideas, and if you click on the images, you can more easily see what idea you want to emulate. Good luck!

https://www.goo  1024&bih=677

The slits idea is a good one. But, if you absolutely don't want a "connection" bulge, all be it small, I have a suggestion.

Get some stitch witchery's "fusible bonding web" and take the time to melt them together. They are super durable and I just lay the glue on the bottom end of the fabric, then lay the top end on top, hold the iron on it and then 2 seconds later, pull the roll away and you are ready for another graft. Hope that helps!!

DRITZ-Stitch Witchery Fusible Bonding Web is regular weight and can be used for hems trims and belts. Offers the home sewer and crafter new and innovative ways to finish projects neatly and professionally. Bonds 2 layers of fabric together when activated by a steam iron. Machine washable and dry cleanable.