Browse   Newsletters   Contests   Ask   Share   Account   About

Ideas for Boyfriend's 25th Birthday

What can I gift my lover on his 25th birthday? I want to surprise him and want the gift to be something completely different.

By sweeny from LA

By anjalisatraboina06/23/2013

Alphabetical order is an excellent idea i.e., A to Z gifts..like G for Greeting
I for Invitation for anything like dinner
J for Jeans.... like this

By Theresabentley [1]12/07/2010

If you've been together a while and are willing to spend the money a trip is fun. Surprise him with a trip somewhere and don't tell him where you are going. I did this for my husband before we got married and I didn't even let him see the tickets when we checked in and I wouldn't let him look at the sign at the gate so he didn't know where we were going until the pilot announced it on the plane!

By nightcry [1]12/02/2010

If you really want something different make him something yourself. I don't know your boyfriend or you so I really can't suggest what to make him.

By Rose [1]12/01/2010

A long time ago, when a boyfriend had a birthday I bought a bag of those little balloons to blow up and one of those mylar helium filled balloons. I blew up the small ones and let the helium one float in our bedroom. On the bed I had a gift bag with some silk boxers, a few CD's of music he loved, and a small stuffed teddy bear. He loved it and kept saying, "my own mother wouldn't do something this nice." Well the relationship ended a few months later but I bet he remembers it to this day.

Here are questions related to Ideas for Boyfriend's 25th Birthday.

Question: Gift for Boyfriend's 25th Birthday

My boyfriend is having his 25th birthday on June 8th. I want to do something very exciting, different, and very romantic for him, but not so expensive. Please suggest something.

By Radhika

Thrifty Fun has been around so long that many of our pages have been reset several times. Archives are older versions of the page and the feedback that was provided then.

Archive: Ideas for Boyfriend's 25th Birthday

My boyfriend is turning 25. We have been living together for almost 3 years and have never celebrated any birthdays or holidays without other family parties. We don't drink and just really want to make this night remembered for him. We don't have any spare money and the birthday is in April '09.

I just need something to mark a quarter of his life gone in a good way. I want to invite all his friends and honestly I don't think I can in my small apartment. I just need some ideas from others. We live in Winnipeg. Manitoba is nearby so we can do a lot on a very small budget.

Amber from Winnipeg, MB

RE: Ideas for Boyfriend's 25th Birthday

How about having a potluck surprise dinner? Invite only the closest friends or relative's. I never buy my hubby anything for his b-day, just romantic supper made by me and maybe some together time. It is not the size of the gift, remember it is the thought you put into it. Good luck. (01/14/2009)

By leftthesanebehind

RE: Ideas for Boyfriend's 25th Birthday

Buy him 25 small presents ex: deck of cards, silly putty, magazine, socks. (01/19/2009)

By Ellen D.

RE: Ideas for Boyfriend's 25th Birthday

You can get him some things that were the "in" thing in his birth year. Research old newspapers at the library and make up a creative newspaper on the computer with his birthdate and news of that day and/or that year. Or think of things that happen in 1/4's, like a quarter century. Good luck. (01/19/2009)

By Mary

RE: Ideas for Boyfriend's 25th Birthday

Too cold for a picnic, I suppose. Next suggestion - we were invited to an anniversary party at a restaurant. We bought our entrees and beverages, but were served complimentary wine and dessert (birthday cake). So you get the site for free, and just pay for the cake, tip and wine. This was at a nice, but small, Italian restaurant. (01/19/2009)

By cookwie

RE: Ideas for Boyfriend's 25th Birthday

When my boyfriend's birthday came, I had asked his next door neighbors, as his family lives a few hundred miles away, that he was close to, if we could throw him a surprise party at their home. They loved the idea. I gave them fifty dollars, not much I know, and they added that to their money and bought food and made decorations. He had no idea and was surprised. He said that I was the first person to ever surprise him like that. (01/19/2009)

By REN

RE: Ideas for Boyfriend's 25th Birthday

Something with twenty-five cent coins would make a good "gag" gift. Maybe a little net bag of 25 quarters or something like that, laughter can be sexy, too. (01/19/2009)

By JustPlainJo

My boyfriend's turning 25 in two weeks. I'm younger and still in school, so I don't have too much money to spend. He buys everything he wants for himself, so I don't know what to get him. Any ideas?

I was thinking of splurging and taking him away for a night, but I'm nervous about the cost, and my parents (who I still live with) aren't too keen on the idea.

I would like to do something somewhat sexy/sweet or at least romantic, but not too expensive. I know of plenty of books or DVDs I could get him, but I want to do something a little bit more meaningful or at least more personal, plus it's his 25th. It's sort of a big one. Any ideas? Thanks.

By Snipcutchop from New York, NY

RE: Ideas for Boyfriend's 25th Birthday

• a burned CD with your favorite songs
  • a framed photo with the two of you together
  • a DVD and a pack of microwave popcorn that you will watch together that night
  • a home baked cake (store bought mix and store bought frosting work just fine)
  • a poem
  • a set of earbuds; these usually cost $9.99 and trust me, every young person could use a spare set. Pair the earphones up with the burned mix CD and label the CD To: (his name) From: (your name) and "Happy Birthday" and the date. Use a Sharpie to write that stuff on the mix CD.
  • a photo album Put at least one photo of yourself in there and leave the rest blank so that you can add more pictures as months go by or whatever.
(08/26/2009)

By twilightgift

RE: Ideas for Boyfriend's 25th Birthday

Hmm. I don't know if you man likes jewelery, but I thought maybe a silver chain link necklace or bracelet? I gave my son a silver neck chain when he graduated and he wears it all the time. (08/28/2009)

By witchwood

RE: Ideas for Boyfriend's 25th Birthday

How about a gourmet picnic? (08/28/2009)

By mulberry204

RE: Ideas for Boyfriend's 25th Birthday

Start a personal scrapbook for him (that includes pictures of both you!). Then, for his birthdays, etc., you can make sure to get a very flattering picture of him to post in his scrapbook to help him remember and brag about later. Get pictures of his favorite things: car, teams, fishing gear, his parents, dog, anything he's proud of and add them to the book. Keep it so you can add pictures of new adventures together from year to year. That way you can keep him interested and excited about his "story" with you! Maybe one day the pictures will include a wedding, even family. All the best! (08/28/2009)

By Cathy S

RE: Ideas for Boyfriend's 25th Birthday

It's silly, but a small cloth bag (like a Crown Royal bag) with a bunch of quarters in it would make a whimsical gift. (08/29/2009)

By JustPlainJo