Removing Skunk Odor From Carpets

How do I remove skunk odor from carpets?

By Christine from Providence, RI

Skunk scent is an oil. My dog got skunked twice and I went on line here is what they said...One bottle of Peroxide, three drops of Dawn soap must be dawn and 1/2 box baking soda. Mix in a bucket, will foam up but that means the soda is fresh and the peroxide is fresh. Scrub area liberally and let sit. When dry, vac up baking soda. May have to do this several times. Hot water will set the oils use cold solutions. Also was told my nose will have developed a memory and will continue to smell skunk when others can not smell it any longer..Hope this helps It worked on my dog and I have shared it with others, Works for cat spray too

thank you for posting this! do you think the peroxide will bleach out my gray carpet?

Skunk On white Background
Removing Skunk Odor From Carpet
Home and Garden Cleaning CarpetFebruary 2, 2010
A skunk getting ready to spray.
Removing Skunk Smell from a Car
Upclose photo of beige carpet.
Cleaning Carpets Without a Vacuum
A plastic basket of laundry.
Removing Skunk Odor from Clothing
Removing Skunk Smell from Books
Removing Skunk Smell from Books