Browsing: Make Your Own Sports Drink

Make Your Own Sports Drink

I am looking for a MYO recipe for something like Gatorade. It is so expensive and I would like to make my own.

Sue

Showing: Answers Sort: Relevance
Best Answer

Actually, if you buy it in powdered form, it's half price. Even better, I once figured out that I could buy it in powdered form at our local BJ's (like Sam's Club) and get it for 1/4 the price, but they don't have every flavor. Or you could just drink free water. At the time, I was drinking Gatorade because I needed all the calories I could get after abdominal surgery.

Best Answer

This recipe was posted a while back...

Make Your Own Sports Drink

http://www.thriftyfun.com/tf641006.tip.html

The recipe is ok, but it uses OJ, which is more expensive and has a type of sugar which takes time to absorb. This link shows you how to make a drink with sugar where you can vary the flavor. You can also buy glucose at health food stores, which is absorbed into the body the fastest.

http://www.dissidents.com/articles/sportsdrink.htm

hi my name is kassidy and i am doing a project on gatorade for school and you can make a little more than 2 liters of orange gatorade with the following ingredients:

1. 1/2 cup of orange juice

2. 9 tbsp of sugar (wow i know that's a lot)

3. 3/8 tsp salt

4. water (two liters)

I'm looking for a good recipe because of the price, but more importantly all the carcinogenic dyes in gatorade. Anytime ingredients list the number of the dye (ie FD&C Yellow #5, Blue #40, Red #10, etc.) it is cancer and the amount of dye in gatorade is staggering. Shelves of gatorade look more like a Krylon display than something to consume. How can something that's supposed to be healthy, be loaded with so many cancercausing dyes?! Clear gatorade is almost impossible to find.

See: http://www.medicdirectsport.com/spo ... rition/default.asp?step=4&pid=81

A professor Mike Gleeson gives the American College of Sports Medicine Guidelines On Fluid Intake For Exercise, lists the relevant chemical components of common sports drinks such as Gatorade and gives his own recipe for making one inexpensively.

Generic Blue Sports Drink
Make Your Own Sports Drink
Food and Recipes Recipes BeveragesAugust 14, 2004
Sports fans drinking at a sports bar.
How Much Should You Tip at a Sports Bar?
Sports Jerseys
Making a Sports Jersey Quilt
A variety of sports equipment
Saving Money on Sports Equipment for School
soccer ball sculpture
Decorating a Bedroom With a Sports Theme
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on September 11, 2016 at 4:24:20 AM on 10.0.0.11 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.