Freezing Cooked Beef

Can you freeze cooked beef that has been refrigerated for 2 days?

Linda

Best Answer

There is no problem doing that! I do it all the time - if I have enough and I don't want to do anything more w/ it right away. Just make sure you wrap it well, as air tight as possible to avoid freezer burn.

Best Answer

Absolutely! The quicker you freeze meat after it has cooked and cooled - the better. You should have no problem freezing it. Sniff and nibble if you are suspicious- wrap it so you keep out as much air as possible to keep from freezer burn and label clearly. Good job on saving money!

Can u cook beef then freeze it for later. After you defrost it and recook it and have some left over, can you refreeze leftover for another day?

I've done it before and had no problems. Were not big meat eaters and I didn't want to waste any either.

I agree. If I am thinking of using it for sandwiches, I make the sandwich right then, and freeze it in a baggy or a sandwich box. Also for kids lunches, as my son prefers leftovers, I put the meat and other leftovers in a sandwich box. He can reheat it at school for a hot lunch.

If it is a meal sized amount, do as the previous poster suggested, wrap well, and save for another time.

Yes you can freeze meat after it is cooked. The main problem comes from trying to refreeze meat. What happens then is that after you have defrosted meat it has a certain amount of bacteria. If you refreeze it again, when you defrost it this will cause you to double the risk of more bacteria so do not do that. I have this on a meat cutter's wisdom. And I asked him myself as I was curious and wanted to be safer then sorry, this was his answer.

A lot of people like to make dinner's ahead of time and freeze them for a later date when needed. This is also good for single as well as family's with working parent's and then too, it is just very convenient. Also with meat priced so high you want to be as frugal as you can be with it. Darlene