I'm looking for advice on how to remove strong mold odor. My mom and I will be moving to a mobile home in about 3 months. A pipe burst about a month ago and the carpet was soaked. The owner fixed the pipe but did not remove or dry the carpet. It has been sitting closed up with wet carpet and now the whole place reeks of mold. We went yesterday to look things over and we both had a headache all day (after leaving also) from the smell.
The owner is going to replace the carpet before we move in but I am concerned that the odor has permeated the walls and everything. Is there any commercial product like a bomb or spray to set off and it will kill the odor? Any home remedies would be appreciated also. I know bleach is good but I don't think I can spray bleach on the walls.
Bleach does not kill mold. You need a safe and proven product that will do that. I order this through a catalog of healthy alternatives. If this interests you, I can show you more. cartonv2atjunodotcom
Make the owner use his insurance to totally redo the trailer. You now have mold everywhere. Not just a mold odor, actual mold. You may have to replace all walls, etc. Contact a restoration company that specializes in this type of problem and then make sure that the owner does follow though with repairs. This is not going to be an easy fix. Be sure all is done before you actually take possession. Is there a clause in the agreement that can help you get out of the contract to buy the mobile? You do NOT want to live in that trailer with any mold and there will be a lot now. If nothing else, forgo the trailer and look for something else to buy.
A clean home doesnt have an odor.. Kill all the mold and you wont have a smell... You may need to gut the home to get rid of all the remnants of the mold.. Bleach does kill mold.. I use Tilex.. but your home may need a professional house cleaning...
You need to have a professional come in and inspect the trailer. Mold can be serious and cause serious respiratory problems. Don't try to do it yourself, you will regret it. In fact I think I would back out of the purchase of the trailer.
I would think twice before moving into any home that was mold contaminated. I have been mold sick for 4 years. Once mold has started in a home its close to impossible to completely remove. Many Doctors do not know how to treat mold related illness. Do yourself and your loved ones a favor and don't even move in.
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!