Getting Rid of Red Ants

I have a raised herb bed and have got red ants invading it. I have tried numerous ant powders, etc. with no chance of being rid of them.

Please help x.

By Carolyn from Bedfordshire, UK

To celebrate the new year we are giving away $200 in Amazon gift cards for people who answer questions on ThriftyFun in January! Click here to find out more...

Best Answer

I've heard pouring boiling water right into the mound works. I read here some use corn meal sprinkled near the top of the mound. Hope this helps.

Best Answer

I read in an ad for a gardening mag. that you can put cucumber peelings on an ant hill and they'd either leave or die. Don't remember which.

Best Answer

Red ants are the only the enemy of termites. I do not run them off. But if were over run with them I would use Sevin. Sevin will them all. Sevin should be used for Jap beetles. Do not use beetle traps.

Also the cleaner 409 is good to use to ants on the patio and decks. 409 is cheap.

Home and Garden Pest Control AntsJune 12, 2010
Getting Rid of Ants
Getting Rid of Ants
Ants on a Trumpet Vine
Keeping Ants Off a Trumpet Vine
Glass of Red Wine Spilled on Carpet
Removing Red Wine Stains from Carpet
Flying ant on a white background.
Getting Rid of Flying Ants
🍀
💘
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on January 15, 2017 at 2:11:16 PM on 10.0.0.27 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.