Browsing: Buying Bluing

Looking For Bluing

Years ago we use to buy a product called Bluing. It made white clothes brighter and cleaner looking. Have not been able to find it now and really need it. Seems the bras and other whites turn dingy and nothing we have tried will bring the whites back to life. Any one here know where i can find this product again?

Tonya

Showing: Answers Sort: Relevance

FILL THE WASHER WITH WATER ON SOAK CYCLE-- 1 CUP OF CLOROX AND TWO OR THREE SCOOPS OF ANY OF THE OXYGEN STAIN REMOVERS, LET IN RUN THRU THE SOAK CYCLE AND THEN WASH THEM WITH THE RECOMENDED AMOUNT OF OXYGEN PRODUCT AND SOAP----

I doubt if you can purchase that but I use a product called Yellow Out. I purchase it at Wal-Mart, Menards if that is in your area but I love this. I soak all my whites in it for 5 minutes in a pre-soak cycle and found them to stay nice and white.It takes out that dingy yellow that seems to makes clothes look so drab. Hope this will help you.

Try this link - You can buy it online at:

http://www.vermontcountrystore.com/ ... PRODUCT&RS=1&keyword=blueing

They sell a lot of hard-to-find "old fashioned" merchandise. Not always frugally priced though.

Ask for their print catalog.

Hope this helps. Gretchen

Items of a nylon blend often yellow - bleach will also yellow nylon ans some other synthetics. I'd only use bleach if the item is cotton or linen.

Regards

Jo

you might try http://www.bonamo.com for the bluing. I use 1/4 cup dishwasher detergent to a load of white wash. It does the trick for dingy white clothes makes yhem white again.

I can't think of the name, but there is a product on

the top shelf of the laundry aisle at Kroger's. It's

in a small bottle with the picture of an old-fashioned

lady on it, and the word "bluing" is part of the title.

Hope this helps.

Do not put bra's in the dryer this will cause them to go dingy, just hang them to dry susan from Hamilton

It is Mrs Stewart's bluing

http://www.mrsstewart.com

Do not use bluing on anything with synthetic fibers in it as your garment will turn blue. I learned this from experience. Clorox 2 works well if let soak overnight. I use dishwasher detergent in my white laundry, let it soak overnight. (Not dish detergent but dishwasher detergent)

Haven't heard of 'bluing' but to achieve remarkable results, I soak white items in a nappy whitening solution which you should be able to buy in the laundry section of your supermarket. Works better than bleach!

Don't know where you live, but here in Indiana farm country, you can often find bluing at (believe it or not) farm supply/feed stores! I think it's because we have lots of Amish folks nearby, and they use lots of old-fashioned products. Good luck!

Try this! Wash whites 2 times. the first time wash with cold water and bleach only. (no soap) the second time wash with hot water and laundry detergent

Pathmark & Shop rite sells it, I buy it at both these places

I live in North Carolina and we do not have those stores here. Never heard of them either.. I will keep looking though. Would just about pay someone to send it to me.

Tonya

Check a search engine for a website for Mrs. Stewarts Bluing. It gives a list of distributors by state for their product. If you cant find one in your state, you can buy it from the company. It's good stuff and I use it alot.

try using oxi clean..should make your whites look like new...great for colors as well.I put a scoop in each load,great for stains,pet odors,general dingyness.Dont try bleach it'll eat the elastic

Hi there.

I use a product called Borax. it is a powder and you just add some to your load of laundry with you detergent and your clothes come out whiter and brighter. I actually spilled grease and bbq sauce from chicken on a new white shirt and it took it out. I bought it at Walmart, but it is also available at grocery stores. Hope this helps.

Valerie

For info on bluing check out this link.

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/?qid=20080922183407AASM1x7

Bluing
Buying Bluing
Home and Garden Cleaning Cleaning ToolsJanuary 21, 2005
Angel made from a recycled green pop bottle.
Making a Pop Bottle Angel
carrots
Saving Money on Carrots
Girl in a red coat giving to the Salvation Army.
Michigan Christmas Charities
Bluing
Using Bluing
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on August 24, 2016 at 4:18:48 AM on 10.0.1.69 in 4 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.