Trash To Treasure Painting

I had several items in my yard that I was using as yard art; wear and tear of these items in the weather elements caused rust and corrosion. I changed these items; painted them and they are again a nice addition to my yard art collection.

I had an old milk can that the bottom had rusted out; it was painted black a few years ago and had been placed in a flower bed among the day lilies and irises; it had no top on it so I used it as a vase to put fresh flowers in; I painted it and used a spatter technique to finish it; I put a flower pot in it and placed a peace lily in it; I will change the flowers now according to season or holiday. It sits at the entrance of my back door on my backyard deck.

I also had an old tea kettle that was bent and had rusted; I painted it and used the spatter technique on it; it sits on an old rusted small pot bellied stove that sits on our backyard deck; I punched holes in the bottom of the tea kettle; this fall it will have pansies in it and will bring lots of color to that area of our deck. The rusted pot bellied stove is inoperable and is used as a garden ornament; I like the rusty color so I will not paint it.

By WandaJo from TN

Editor's Note: Here's is WandaJo's earlier post with the tea kettle on the old, rusted stove:

Top Comment

You are so talented! Both this and the tea kettle ended up looking so nice!

A pile of antiques piled together.
Trash to Treasure
Crafts Garden & Yard PlantersAugust 20, 2007
Raccoon in park trash bin with plastic bag in its mouth.
Keeping Raccoons Out of the Trash
Flowers Planted in Bicycle Basket
Creative Garden Planters
Making a Christmas Stocking
Making a Christmas Stocking
Glass Bottles on Garden Path
From Trash to Garden Treasure
🎄