Keeping Your Garage Floor Clean

Does a dirty garage floor drive you nuts? It does me. We go in and out through the garage. I hate it when people come in and drag dirt in on their feet from the garage. My husband blows it out but he only does it when he cuts the grass.

Do you have an old vacuum cleaner? If so, keep it in the garage - to vacuum the garage floor! I know it sounds crazy but it works great. Now no more dirt and tiny leaves being tracked into the foyer between the garage and kitchen. (Just make sure to keep the garage doors down while you do it so your neighbors don't think you are insane!)

Source: My father started doing this and now I do too!

By Savings Assistant from Kennesaw, GA

Excellent idea. I've been vacuuming my garage floor for years with my old garage vacuum. My neighbors have to be laughing because I vacuum my concrete front porch, too!

I too vacuum the garage floor. Glad to learn I'm not alone. I've stopped telling people I do this. I get laughed at and such shocked looks like I'm crazy or something. NO I"M NOT! A practical way to keep my house clean. Sure picks up better than a broom.

Not so crazy to vaccume the garage floor as it keeps the dirt from coming into the house! I also put my old throw rugs in the walking path through the garage and in front of our Washer and Dryer. They help to catch the dirt and leaves. My old 'garage throw rugs' needed washing a few weeks ago and I didn't want to put them in the washer as the backing was coming off, so, I had my husband start our pressure washer up and I laid them in the driveway and pressure washed them clean! Laid each one in a patio chair until the water ran out then hung them all on the clothes line for a day to dry. Voila! Clean garage rugs! And you thought you looked 'crazy' vaccuming the garage :)

Cleaning Your Garage, A very messy garage in need of organizing
Cleaning Your Garage
Home and Garden Cleaning TipsOctober 8, 2008
sweeping a floor
Floor Sweeping Tips
Homemade Wood Floor Cleaner Recipes
Homemade Wood Floor Cleaner Recipes
dirty garage floor
Removing Oil Stains from Garage Floor
garage sale
Preparing for a Garage Sale
🎄