Early Bird Christmas Gift Ideas for Kids

With school supplies on clearance now it is a good time to stock up on crayons markers and colored pencils to make art kits for the children on your list. You also can pick up rulers and glue really cheap along with the school scissors.

Paper is also on sale. Put them all into a nice container and the kids will have something to keep them busy when the snow comes.

I also check out the children's books at the local thrift stores. Some can be had really cheap and look brand new. If one of these has been personalized add a book plate sticker or large sticker and re-personalize for your child. Add a small pillow and a maybe one of those fleece blankets for curling up in and you have a great gift for a teenage reader.

I also collect large Margarine tubs for use as snow molds. Painted with the new Fusion Spray Paint and they won't even look like they are old Margarine tubs. When given as a gift I put in a couple of hot chocolate packages and a pair of those one size fits all gloves that can be found for about a dollar. I also add a baggie of mini marshmallows. If you wanted to get fancy you could also add a cap and a cup bought at your local dollar store. Add a small note that the bucket is a snow mold. Kids just love this.

By Debra in Colorado

A favorite gift I gave my niece one year was ream of paper. Cheap copy paper, I put it in a box from the print shop and she was thrilled to have 500 sheets of paper all to herself!

Holidays and Parties Gifts ChildrenSeptember 28, 2004
Man in a Christmas tree costume.
Making a Christmas Tree Costume
A girl opening a small gift.
Christmas Countdown Gift Ideas
Fishing gear.
Making a Fishing Gift Basket
Boy Dressed as Christmas Elf
Making a Christmas Elf Costume
🎉
🎄