Quilted Heart Strings
This item is a quilted wall hanging. Hearts are attached with a blanket stitch and have ribbon strings attached to each heart. There are loops at the top for hanging on a rod.
Approximate Time: 1 day
- cotton fabric
- quilting thread
Cut one piece of fabric for quilt front, approximately 25x26 inches.
For the backing of your choice, cut 26 1/2x27 1/2 inch piece of fabric.
- Cut out hearts from different scraps of heart themed fabric or anything of your choice.
- Attach hearts to front quilt fabric with a blanket stitch. I put mine in a circle with one in the middle.
- Next attach red ribbon so that they all come together in one place like you would balloons. These need to be tacked down about every 2 or 3 inches with a bar tack.
- Now you are ready to assemble the quilt. Lay out the back fabric with right side down.
- Next layer the batting over the back then sandwich it in with the top of the quilt.
- Hand quilt around each heart and a zig zag pattern to fill in on other areas of the quilt.
- Fold edges of the back of quilt over the front to make the edging and whip stitch it down.
- With the fabric from the back of the quilt cut a strip of fabric 2 1/2 inches wide and 12 inches long.
- With right sides folded together make a seam the length of the fabric. Turn and cut into 4- 3 inch sections. Serge each end of the 4 section. Fold in half and attach to top of the quilt evenly spaced.
By Judy from Jonesboro, TX
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!
In This Article
You are viewing the desktop version of this page: View Mobile Site
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by ThriftyFun
generated on October 24, 2016 at 9:24:28 AM on 10.0.0.13 in 3 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer
. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us