Garlic Cauliflower

You can spice these up adding crushed red pepper flakes to taste too.

• 1 lb. cauliflower florets, cut in 1 inch pieces
  • 2 tsp. minced garlic
  • 2 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
  • Ad
  • 1/4 cup hot water
  • Salt and pepper, to taste

Directions:

Heat olive oil in a large skillet and saute cauliflower and garlic for about 5 minutes. Add the water, salt, and pepper and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and cook, covered, for 8 to 12 minutes or until cauliflower is tender.

By Deeli from Richland, WA

Dear Deeli, I'd love it if you'd contribute simple recipes a hermit could cook. Or a busy Mom with two jobs. Or a single Dad raising kids.

What do you think?

Hi Tomatohanger.

I am not sure if you're being humorous or serious? Between 1/3 and 1/2 of the recipes I submit are easy peasy, nice and easy. It's all a matter of planning a weekly meal ahead of time if someone has a busy schedule or other issues. I don't know how much easier a recipe could be than this one. All it takes is cutting fresh cauliflower (which can be done ahead of time and stored in a container in the fridge) and then using ingredients on hand and then saute in a skillet.

If you would like I could come up with a detailed list of meal planning and prep tips and ideas for busy cooks to submit. I've had to come up with weekly meal plans because I became disabled a couple of years ago and half of the days of the week I have no more energy than to pull out the pre-planned and pre-prepared meal items and finish preparing them and that includes recipes I am trying for the first time.

Let me know what you think about coming up with detailed advice. :-)

P.S. Tomatohanger, Many recipes can also be completely made up ahead of time, refrigerated and then heated in the microwave or oven. ;-)

Cheesy Baked Cauliflower
Recipes Using Cauliflower
Food and Recipes Recipes VegetablesDecember 1, 2010
Fried Cauliflower Recipes
Fried Cauliflower Recipes
Freezing Cauliflower
Freezing Cauliflower
Roasted Parmesan Cauliflower
Roasted Parmesan Cauliflower
Woman with bad breath covering her mouth.
Getting Rid of Garlic Breath
🎉
🎄