Residue From Orange Glo Laminate Floor Cleaning System

I have laminate flooring, the wider planks. My cleaning lady came in and cleaned the floor using wide strokes instead of going with the grain. It was streaked terribly.

I tried to correct it using my mop, but the floor felt like it had a buildup. By the time I stopped, the floor looked worse than when she did it. It now has what looks like scratches. We usually use Orange Glo. Any suggestions to correct this mess?

By Kathie from Clinton, UT

Best Answer

I spent several hours using a steam mop to pull up the gummy reside which took forever to do a small space. I bought Out! Hard Surface Stain and Odor eliminator for pet stains. To my surprise it pulled up the residue from the Orange Glo. Spray and let it sit for a few minutes, you will see it come up. I scrubbed it right out! Larger areas done in less than a day.

Best Answer

As previously suggested, try the Lysol 4 in 1 cleaner. I used the general one, not the bathroom. Works like a charm! I suggest a warm water-vinegar mop to finish removing the residue. It will take several moppings/scrubbings to get it back to normal.

I wouldn't touch it myself. Contact the manufacturer of the product your cleaning lady used by email and see what kind of a solution they can give. Good Luck!

Same problem here! Used Orange Glo for a year on laminate and my floors look like mildew/mold has grown over them. It's the wax build up which gives off that dark brown/black look. I tried several products and took several persons advice with no luck. After numerous products tried, Lysol 4 in 1 bathroom cleaner worked like a miracle answer to my prayers. It's an ammonia product which helps to remove it. Spray it on and let it sit for 5 minutes and just wipe the film residue away. The Orange Glo residue comes of in globs of guey glue like stuff. Simple and easy!!

Surprise, surprise, surprise! I tried Goof Off and it worked like a charm. Spray it on the floor and use the orange glow mop and rub it over the floor then rinse with warm water and towel dry. The floors look new again.

Thank you. I've tried all above also and I've been a Hugh fan of goof off for years. That should have been my first goto. Where was my brain. Goof off is a miracle worker

Woman cleaning floor with orange spray bottle and rag
Cleaning Orange Glo Residue from Floors
Home and Garden Cleaning FloorsApril 24, 2010
Cleaning Laminate Flooring, Red dry mop cleaning laminate floors
Cleaning Laminate Flooring
Man Removing Wax From Laminate Flooring
Removing Wax From Laminate Flooring
laminate wood flooring
White Marks on Laminate Flooring
Kitchen With Laminate Flooring
Removing Orange Glo Residue from Laminate Flooring