Store Fresh Ginger in Freezer

I love to make Asian food, and I like to make it with fresh ginger. I buy a big chunk of ginger root from the market, but have wasted a lot in the past. I found if I blanch the root in boiling water, peel it using the edge of a spoon (I use a grapefruit spoon), then freeze the chunk in a zip lock bag (Be sure to squeeze out all the air), I have fresh ginger whenever I want.

I take out the frozen chunk and grate the amount I need with a microplane, then pop it back into the bag and refreeze. Lasts till I use it up. Works great for really nice ginger cookies too.

By Christine from Los Osos, CA

Storing Fresh Ginger
Storing Fresh Ginger
Food and Recipes Freezing VegetablesNovember 2, 2010
Ginger
Freezing Ginger
Ginger Tea Recipes
Ginger Tea Recipes
Making Ginger Beer
Making Ginger Beer
Chest Freezer
Chest Freezer Reviews
🎉
🎄