Dealing with Paper Crafting Mess

I am a crafting and paper-craft nut but when I sit down to create, I end up with paper everywhere. Short of having the garbage can underfoot constantly, I came up with a better idea. I cut a large circle out of a coffee can (leaving the rim of the plastic top intact) then put a doggie poop bag inside the can and put the top back on the can. Now I can have a smaller garbage can close at all times and when the can gets full, I just remove the bag, tie it up and toss it in the garbage can. I then replace with another doggie bag and I am ready for more creating!

By Sue from Chesterton IN

Great Idea!

when that bits of ccut paper hits the floor it is hard to pick up.

Me/ I sometimes use a plastic soda bottle to put in my craft waste paper.It takes a few more seconds to shove it in the top but I pack it in and sometimes admiire the design I created with the waste paper.Yeah I'm nuts lol

Anyway nice reuse of the coffee can

Mr. Thrifty

This is a good idea and not just one for the paper crafter (which I am not)....but here's a great idea too for a small portable and disposeable trash "can"....use a clean empty gal size plastic milk jug. Just cut out an area near the top but leave the handle in tact. It is lightweight and doesn't take up much room and with the handle is easy to tote around to where you need it. You don't really need to line it with a bag unless you want to. I keep one next to the kitchen sink for bits of trash. I just empty it out periodically into the bigger trash can and rinse out if need be. Once you use for a while you can always throw in the recycling bin and make a fresh one....we always have milk jugs around our house with young children!