Browse   Newsletters   Contests   Ask   Share   Account   About

Pattern for Cabbage Patch Kid

I'm looking for the original Cabbage Patch dolls pattern. I had it when my daughter's were little, but have since lost it. I want to make them for my three granddaughters. Please can you help me. Thanks.

By Sue from Zephyrhills, FL

By vivianb983411/06/2013

I also need the cabbage patch doll pattern. I have a head but the package was open and the instructions gone. Anyone willing to send me a copy at vivianb9834 AT aol.com it will be appreciated. Thank you

Thrifty Fun has been around so long that many of our pages have been reset several times. Archives are older versions of the page and the feedback that was provided then.

Archive: Pattern for Cabbage Patch Kid

Does anyone know where to get a pattern for the body of Cabbage Patch Kids?

By Kantuckee from KY

RE: Pattern for Cabbage Patch Kid

I have one for the soft sculptured body patterns here somewhere at my house. I bought it when my daughter was a small child and the dolls first hit the market. I would be glad to copy it for you and email it to you IF I can find it. You can let me know. It may take me a while to locate it in my sewing room, as it has not been used in a couple of decades! (05/01/2009)

By southeastgeorgiapeach

RE: Pattern for Cabbage Patch Kid

I would love a copy of the pattern when you find it! Thanks, kantuckee (05/01/2009)

By kantuckee

RE: Pattern for Cabbage Patch Kid

If southeastgeorgiapeach can't locate the pattern for you, there is an old (1984) Simplicity pattern #6999 called Precious Pals. It is supposed to be a Cabbage Patch Kids look-alike. The pattern includes sewing instructions to make a soft sculptured 18" doll and clothes. Since you only need the body, it should work for you. Unfortunately, you will probably have to pay for the pattern.

If you Google: "Precious Pals" Simplicity you will get several hits. Here is one link for you:
http://www.goantiques.com/detail,simplicity-6999-precious,1976492.html (05/02/2009)

By Anonymous

RE: Pattern for Cabbage Patch Kid

Thanks for all the help! (05/03/2009)

By kantuckee

RE: Pattern for Cabbage Patch Kid

I know that you probably thought that I had forgotten about the pattern but I just found the book today. Only trouble is the pattern pieces are in a big yellow envelope somewhere else. I still haven't found it yet. But here is the cover I scanned to show you that I really do have the book. I am going to the Antiques Roadshow next Saturday, June 27, in Raleigh, NC and am trying to figure what items I am going to take. I found the book today, quite by accident but wanted to followup with an email to you. If you no longer need it, let me know. So sorry for the delay in getting back with you. (06/18/2009)

By southeastgeorgiapeach

RE: Pattern for Cabbage Patch Kid

Archive: Pattern for Cabbage Patch Kid

Please, anyone know where I can get a Cabbage Patch doll pattern to make the doll? I am also looking for a pattern to make some clothes. I would be so happy for your help. Thanks so much.

Dar

RE: Pattern for Cabbage Patch Kid

Google "free printable doll patterns" and you might come across a pattern for a Cabbage Patch type doll. They aren't really easy to make (I made two of them way back when the doll first came out.) Most of the major pattern companies have patterns for all types of doll clothes. I don't know that the dolls can be made any cheaper than buying them ready made.

Back when I made them you could buy vinyl or rubbery type heads with or without hair and then you bought the fabric bodies, they were a special kind of flesh colored knit fabric and then you needed to buy the stuffing for them and then hand stitch the belly button, fingers, toes, ankles, wrists, and if I remember right you even had to stitch in the bum crack, and then get the head attached so that it would stay on. (03/18/2010)

By redhatterb

RE: Pattern for Cabbage Patch Kid

You could check with pattern stores or thrift stores and you could also try knittinkitten.com they have all types of craft things including patterns. (03/24/2010)

By castleberrycc

RE: Pattern for Cabbage Patch Kid

http://www.bizrate.com/craft-supplies/cabbage-patch-doll-pattern/ There are many other websites, just go to Google or Yahoo and type in "patterns for cabbage patch dolls". Hope that helps! (03/25/2010)

By rosefroggie