Reviews of KitchenAid Mixers

Can anyone tell me their experiences with KitchenAid mixers? I am looking to buy one and want to know what it the best for my buck. They have many different ones but am wondering does anyone have the 300 watt 10 speed and is it good enough for home use? I know they have a professional one but wonder if that is just too much for use at home (the cost is a couple hundred more and wonder if it would be a waste for home use).

jho from Chassell

I have a KitchenAid Mixer that is 10 speed. Don't know what the wattage is. However, it was an anniversary present 29 years ago. Never had a problem with it. My mother-in-law owned one for years with no problems with hers, either. Mr daughter purchased one, only to have it leak oil. The second one that she purchased was okay.

I have the ten speed 300 watt. Have used it at least twice a week for the last 15 years. Could NOT live with out it. Never a problem. Best gift I have ever received,,lol,,,Mine didn't come with the splash guard, is on my wish list this year,,,

I've had a Kitchen Aid 10 speed mixer for about 20yrs now and never had any problems with it. I even used it when I was baking for the public and it serves me well still today! It's the best gift I ever recieved!

Hugs & Happiness~~~ Paula

I got a Large KitchenAid Mixer for a wedding gift over 40 years ago that had a glass bowl. One of the kids broke the bowl and I thought I could do just as well with another brand. WRONG!! As soon as I could afford it, I got myself another one with a METAL bowl. Even though it is one of the larger mixers, I have no problems fixing things in it for small meals for two. The attachments are also a very good buy for the money, as far as I'm concerned. When you're grinding meat, the powerful motor works so much faster. When it came time to purchase a mixer for my daughter, I got her a KitchenAid. I'd never consider getting another brand again - there's no comparison in my opinion.

I just looked on my KitchenAid Classic. It is 10 speed and 250 watts. I have had it 14 years and loooooooove it. I have used the grinder attachment with it and no problem grinding small chunks of beef for burger. It was an anniversary gift on our first anniversary and I agee with everyone else - wouldn't have anything else now.

The only problem that I ever had with the KitchenAid, was when mixing a cake, the paddle didn't seem to reach the edges completely; I had to frequently turn the machine off and scrape manually for complete mixing.

The other problem that I had was my own fault: you don't have to mix as much with a stand-mixer, and I mixed the daylights out of a pound cake, and it was dense, and flat, and awful! Note to self: stand-mixers do a much better job of mixing than hand-mixers; don't over-beat the pound cake......(sheepish grin)

Would I buy one again? Absolutely!

Unless you are planning to open a bakery or use you mixer for hours every day you do not need a professional Kitchen mix. A 300 watt 10 speed will probably out live you. I have had mine around 25 years and it's just as good as it was when I got it. Believe me you will love it.

I also have a KitchenAid Mixer and I love it so much I got the KitchenAid food processor too.

Does anyone here have the pasta/noodle attachments and how do you like them?

I hate to be the only naysayer here. I have a kitchen aid that I just love. It does a great job. But the problem I have is that it is very heavy. I mean very heavy. If you can leave it out on the counter all the time, it's not so bad, but I don't have a lot of counter space and I have to lug it back and forth to use it. My mom used a Sunbeam Mixmaster forever. If I had it to do over, I might go with that just for the inconvenience factor. Other than that it's fantastic.

TC in MO

To Heaven4441 - you can usually adjust the depth the paddle reaches. If you have your manual check that out. I have a Delonghi, but I can't imagine that a Kitchenaid doesn't have that adjustment capability as well.

I LOVE my Kitchen Aid mixer. I have wanted one for years. My DH got me one for Christmas 7 years ago. I use it at least 3 or more times a week. It makes wonderful meringue, divinity, fudge, and pralines.

HELP! I just moved and my son laid my Kitchen Aid on its side and oil leaked out and now I'm afraid to use it. What do I do to make sure it's ok? I have misplaced the manual. Model K5SS, Heavy Duty. PS: I bought it reconditioned at the Kitchen-Aid outlet and have had no problems.

I have had a Kitchen Aide Mixer for 25 years. I love it. Its the most reliable, mixer I ever have had.

It is heavy duty, fast, and a wonderful piece of kitchen equipment. I also have some attachments that are wonderful, especially during canning season. It is a best buy you'll never regret. Barb

I have a Kitchenaid Classic mixer that I have had for 7 years with no problems or complaints. My mother has had hers for over 30 years. Before she got her kitchenaid she kept burning up the motor in other brand mixers because she would make double and triple batches of cookie dough. Her kitchenaid held up to all the cookie dough, bread dough she could whip up. Yes I would buy another one if mine ever quits.

I have had my KitchenAid mixer for about 29 years. Yes, it weighs a ton but I have to say it is worth it's weight in gold. I burned up two mixers on cookie dough and bread dough before I got the KitchenAid. I make divinity and it does a wonderful job. I use the pasta rollers all of the time, the whisk and dough hook too. I bake huge batches of cookies and it never fails. I threw away the coffee pot to make room for the KitchenAid and hubby just uses the espresso machine. About 6 years ago hubby surprised me with all the attachments KitchenAid has. He said he has a lot of power tools and I needed some too. I love my KitchenAid.

I got mine at a garage sale for $25.00 with all the attachments. It was a faded avocado green. My husband painted it white & it looks and works beautifully! I love it!

To LoriMae, although I know this post is old I didn't see any answers to your ? about the pasta attachments. I have all the metal ones and they work great. I did have a little trouble using the ravioli one I finally got the hang of it, you just have to experiment.

Consumer Advice Product Reviews Kitchen MixersNovember 4, 2008
A woman putting on deodorant.
Deodorant Reviews
Fabric Softener Reviews
Fabric Softener Reviews
Ninja Blender
Ninja Blender Reviews
EmeryCat Board
Emery Cat Board Reviews
🎄
🍂