Avoid Flashed Out Photos With Your Finger

This is a tip for those pictures where you need a flash but then you take the picture and it totally whites your picture, but if you take the picture without the flash it's too dark. Try putting your finger in the middle of your flash. It still lets the flash do it's job but at the same time, limits the light but not too much! Try it. It works!

Source: Personal experience, I take lots of pictures.

By Karen from Arnold, MO

Good to know. I'll try this one.

I guess that would probably eleminate red eyes in photos, too. Great tip, thanks.

Must try this when taking a photo through a window. I usually end up with the reflection of the flash!

Love low tech solutions!

Glad I stumbled across this one. I'm looking forward to trying to remember to try it! 'specially the comment about shooting thru windows! I get some great shots from time to time when looking out my French doors [deer, dogs, cats, birds, etc] but quit trying to take those pics cuzza the reflections always blocking the shots! Wanna try it! Thanx.

This is an ingenious idea - one of those "now, why didn't I think of that?" kind! Thanks for sharing it with us and Gopd bless you.

Get a copy of Adobe Photoshop. Works every time!

I used the camera on my phone to take that picture I do not have a digital camera I don't even have a job so I can't afford one right now but if I did I would be filming wildlife and taking fishing pictures

Put a layer of a handkerchief or a layer if tissue over the flash only; easier than a finger. To shoot through glass with out reflection into the camera you must be at least at an angle of 15 degrees from vertical to the glass.

I have to turn off my flash to take pictures in my home. They look so much better than with the flash. True about the tissue, my Daddy was a photographer and did this many times. I have also used Picasa in the past (twice) and loved it! I deleted it once and several months later I signed up again and my pics were still there!

A girl in a striped shirt holding a camera to her eye.
Camera Tips and Tricks
Photos Taking PicturesMay 14, 2009
Homemade Finger Paint
Homemade Finger Paint
removing a ring
Removing a Ring That is Stuck on Your Finger
Pipe Cleaner Bunny Finger Puppets
Making Pipe Cleaner Bunny Finger Puppets
Finger Puppets
Making Finger Puppets
🎉
🎄