Looking For Bold, New Color To Paint My Walls

My house has hunter green carpet all the way through it. My walls are all white. My den, kitchen/dining room and living room are connected (not separated by doorways). I want to paint my walls in a bold new color. I have thought about yellow, but my furniture in the den is yellow, and the furniture in my living room is burgundy (which i would like to make it have a palm tree/jungle theme). I would like something classy, but trendy. But yet is simple to achieve. Anyone has any suggestions, please let me know. Thank you!

Myndi

To help select paint colors for your home, visit

http://www.glidden.com/glbTST_n/NUSGLI/ColorAtHome/cd_whatis.jsp , then select the Color Selector button (just below top image). This will bring up a new page which shows all the Glidden colors and their names. You can add colors to your Color Palette, and thus see them next to one another.

Me again! Although I can't know the current colors of your hunter green, burgundy and yellow, I guesstimated, and like this palette of colors from the Glidden site:

NIAGARA MIST

(85GG 44/328)

ISLAND SHORES

(88GG 68/184)

COOL DIP

(78GG 79/109)

ASPEN LEAF

(13GG 77/144)

AQUA ICE

(08GG 82/109)

I have looked at the ideas on many of the home improvement shows and some of their ideas can be found on the internet. One I especially like is you paint a dark color of your choice on the wall first, then sponge lighter colors over it. The ACE stores and other home improvement stores have lots of different style sponges. The look is almost like leather. Looks great!

You don't have to paint all the walls the same color. You can paint the room with yellow furniture or just one wall of that room, burgandy and the room with burgandy furniture or just one wall of that room, yellow and the rest of the walls vanilla.

from the sounds of your color combinations it seems a trendy sage green would be nice, like maybe up to chair rail height and then a deep sandy or mustard color for the top half and then add a wall border at chair rail height so matching up where the colors join perfectly isn't neccesary....if you are a little crafty you could also add a wood chair rail or even a faux wood border and move the other border up to ceiling level and eliminate the need to paint so close to the ceiling....... have fun, painting can add such new life to a room........

just another thought......don't let lack of door ways limit you to trying to add different looks to rooms that join.......borders and wood trimming can add a whole new dimension to every room.....

Home and Garden Home Improvement PaintingDecember 1, 2004
Porcelain bathtub.
Removing Paint from a Porcelain Bathtub
Painting Over Smoke Stained Walls
Painting Over Smoke Stained Walls
Painting Walls Multiple Colors
Painting Walls Multiple Colors
Paint Cans with Color Spectrum and Brushes
Saving Money on Paint (Interior)
🎄