Check For Mismarked Sizes At The Thrift Store

Just got a beautiful pair of like new red silk Stuart Weitzman designer ballerina-style flat shoes at a thrift shop for $1.99. When I researched it on the internet, they were worth at least $250! They had no wear at all, and I wondered about that until I saw that they were marked 8 1/2 and they fit me who usually wears 7 1/2 to 8. So they were too small for whoever bought them.

Just another reminder of watching the SIZES of things at resale/thrift shops. Often the marked size is inaccurate and that's why the item ends up there! (Mostly because they are too small for the marked size.)

By Pamphyila from Los Angeles, CA

What a great thrift-shop score! Good for you and thanks for the tip, I'll use that!

Thrift Store Clothes
Thrift Store Shopping Tips
Better Living Frugal Living ShoppingNovember 5, 2007
Background Check
Know What Information Is In Your Background Check
Finding Silver Jewelry at Thrift Shops
Finding Silver Jewelry at Thrift Shops
A photo of all the different actor's who played Doctor Who.
Making a Doctor Who Costume
A Christmas wreath made from neckties.
Crafts Using Neckties