Honeysuckle Foliage Dying

I have long established honeysuckle growing on east facing fence and in early spring it appears very healthy, then much of foliage dies off. Any help as to why?

By Maurice from Cambridge, England

I found this in an old Thriftyfun, thought I'd respond.

I've had so much honeysuckle that I'm sick to death of it. However, if one prunes it back severely in the Spring, it will spread. If not, it will get scraggly and die out in a lot of places. It needs avg. soil, and used coffee grounds for fertilizer, with avg. watering.

It will take over a fence or a yard if left to itself and

is untrained. Don't be afraid to cut it back and keep it trimmed nicely, but not after the Spring. I find it does best with that timing in our country. There are several varieties, but I have always had the most

common one, white>to>yellow blossoms that smell

sweet as honey. The coffee grounds will make it

flourish, and it's growth can be adjusted accordingly

to your desire. Good luck, and God bless you. : )

Home and Garden Gardening Plant HealthApril 23, 2007
closeup of honeysuckle flowers
Getting Rid of Honeysuckle
aster seedlings
Keeping Seedlings From Dying
Growing Honeysuckle
Growing Honeysuckle
Eggs in Colored Dye
Other Uses for Easter Egg Dye