Make Canned Soup More Hearty

Canned soups often have more broth than they need and are less "hearty" than what I like to serve (and eat). The easy way to "fatten" them up, and a great way to clean out the refrigerator, is to add any leftover vegetables to the pot. It makes for a much heartier bowl of soup.

By Marie from West Dundee, IL

We love the Campbells Chicken Noodle Soup but find there are less and less noodles. My husband came up with the idea of adding Ramen noodles to the soup when cooking it and it solved the problem. Lots of noodles to balance out the broth. We just add the noodles (we break them up) and save the flavor packet for another use. Makes for a much heartier soup.

I like to add my own touches to some of the soups too. As for the Chicken Noodle soup, I always get the Double Noodle soup.

Bowl of Soup With Bread
Improving Canned Soups
Food and Recipes Food Tips Cooking TipsJanuary 16, 2007
10 Can Soup
Ten Can Soup Recipes
Bowl of cream of tomato soup garnished with chives.
Freezing Tomato Soup
Carving a Turkey
Using Your Turkey Bones for Soup
Campfire Chicken and Dumplings
Chicken and Dumpling Soup Recipes
🎉
🎄