Freshening the Garbage Disposal

Clean the inside of your garbage disposal with chopped up pieces of a lemon to eliminate those old food odors. This works better than baking soda or anything else! I usually use about 1/2 a lemon each time I need to freshen up this part of the sink. Cut the lemon into several pieces, turn on the garbage disposal and enjoy the fresh, clean scent!

By Steph from eastern IA

Editor's Note: You can also rub the lemon around the sink to remove greasy residue before you put it in the disposal. This works really well with stainless steel sinks.

Throw in some ice cubes as well; it loosens the built up grease.

I keep a small plastic container with lid in refrigerator. When I eat an orange or grapefruit I keep the peelings in the container for when I need to clean the garbage disposal or the sink. For the disposal, put the peeling in run water and turn disposal on. For the sink use the peel as you would a sponge. If there are stubborn stains, use a little baking soda.

Celery and Banana Going into Garbage Disposal
Cleaning a Garbage Disposal
Home and Garden Cleaning KitchenJanuary 4, 2006
Repairing a Garbage Disposal (Disposer), Man's hands holding a power screwdriver to a garbage disposal.
Repairing a Garbage Disposal (Disposer)
kitchen sink
Unclogging a Garbage Disposal
Clean garbage disposal drain.
Keeping Garbage Disposal Smelling Fresh
Keeping Animals Out of Your Garbage, Raccoon Scavenging Garbage
Keeping Animals Out of Your Garbage
🎉
🎄